MeediOS

Discussion in 'Other HTPC Applications' started by zag2me, August 27, 2009.

1. zag2me

zag2me Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Its coming along nicely and has been in Alpha stage for a couple of years now.

Any old meedio users over here?

I've been using XBMC and Mediaportal while this has been in development as meedios is by no means ready for end users yet.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Someone is also working on a 4therecord plugin that will work with the media portal tv server

Some more screenshots here

MeediOS :: View topic - [Official Thread] Evolution MeediOS Theme

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Does it have DVB subtitle or HW accelerated .avi/.mkv subtitle support? :p

4. etagure

etagure Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use before old Meedio...
    GREAT program, a litlle bit slow but fully user custumizable..After cul8er made Xfactor skin for Mediaportal I migrate to MP.
    Only bad thing in old Meedio is no TV...
    When try Meedios 8 months ago was very unstable. is worth trying now?
    And see that Crn has made again great skin....

5. zag2me

zag2me Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Could do, meedios works as if everything is a plugin. So it can launch any external player with hardware support or Media Portals TV engine for subtitles. The whole idea of the program is to be flexible and let the user decide what components to use. The main problem with that approach is the complicated nature of the setup.

@etagure, no it is not ready for end user testing yet, Lots more work to be done before that can happen.

6. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Using an external player will always make the seamless HTPC user experience worse (not possible to skin the OSD etc limitations). So, such is not an option for many users (me including :)).

7. pilehave
    • Premium Supporter

pilehave Community Skin Designer

Technical consultant, marketing
    Ratings:
    +517 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Hehe...the install procedure for this skin is way over my head :D

I'll give it a try, though the last time I tried out MeediOS I couldn't figure out how to set it up correctly. No nice GUI-setup here... :(

8. zag2me

zag2me Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    I've argued this point many times on the meedios forums, but I use Zoomplayer as my video player and it loads faster and has a nicer OSD than any HTPC application that I have ever used :) To the end user it is seamless.

But of course over time, meedios will have its own internal player just like other htpc apps. Infact meedios already has an internal player that can play trailers or whatever over a themed WPF screen.

9. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    It won't be ever 100% seamless experience when using 3rd party player as for example OSD skin is always limited to 3rd party application's look, not possible to mix GUI and video (just think about stopping video playback or live tv to just to check the EPG content)...

Greating a simple graph that plays some URL or local video is not a huge task with WPF (MediaElement gives that almost free), but over coming the limitations that MS has build is going to be much more tough (just as from HD how much 3rd party magic didd he need to get the DVD playback working under WPF. And it that magic won't come without performance trade of).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!