Memory Card Reader - autorun... (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Well this weekend I had some people over and offcourse the media portal was entertaining us. Suddenly my wife wanted to make everyone feel really bored by showing some pictures from our vacation. I had several of the pictures on my smart media cards and had to shut down MP in order to show the pictures. Here is my thought: since many HTPC's have a built in card reader it could be nice to have some sort of a autodetect in MP so that it plays the cards the same way that it would a DVD/CD but with images. There must be some sort of windows event controlling this since it detects that a card has been inserted and asks what you would like to do with it.

What do you think? Useful?

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Very useful.

And on top:

option:
    # show slideshow
    # copy to harddisk

not sure how the choise of folder could be handled (thinking of remote users). Easiest way would be to choose a folder in setup and copy creates a new subfolder with all the pictures and a standard name.

tomtom21000

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also watch pictures using my cardreader.
    When you insert a card it always gets the same drive letter assigned (for me).
    So I simply made a share called "Photocard" and set the drive letter as share point.

Now I simply insert the card and go to the share and it works.

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    So I simply made a share called "Photocard" and set the drive letter as share point.

...I think it is more sexy with autodetect ;) but fine... have it your way :D

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    MrMario64: Nice "Trick"

Will set this up this evening.

Maybe something for Tips and Tricks and for the manual :!:

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:

good point. but automation is the key.

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
    The use of removeable media is explained in the manual but very vaguely. Now that there is some interest, we will be sure to explain it more clearly. USB memory sticks, PC cards, etc, anything that can store a digital image is possible to setup in MP...

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yeah, autorun is nice.
    Will surely be looked @

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If there's any picture copying automation going on it would be good to include some date format as an option in the folder created to copy the images to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom