MePo don not play movies with DTS-HD (1 Viewer)

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I could not reach the support forum (just an error-massage appears), so I post my problem here:

I use the newest Lav audio filters on an Ion System with a Denon 3312, which is connected with HDMI.

When I set Lav to bitstream DTS-HD, movies with DTS-HD could not be played anymore. The HTPC just switchs the refreshrate form 60Hz to 24Hz and back. No error-massage.

When I set Lav jut to bitstream DTS, I could play the movies and get the DTS core.

Here is a Logfile with the problem.

Thanks

bawheid

Portal Member
    December 28, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What kind of ION system are you running? If it's not the super tiny ones you could always stick in a cheap, low profile PCI-e graphics card. I had the same problem when trying to send DTS-HD MA/Dolby TrueHD to my receiver and a £25, passively cooled card with HDMI out did the trick.

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Well, it is a very tiny^^
    It a Hiper HMC-2K53A-A3.
    And I have no real PCIe slot on my mainboard (just a 1X PCIe mini port).
    I will change my whole hardware in a month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

There is now a test version of LAV that seems to fix this problem for most (if not all) types of AVR's, fixed it for my Denon:). It can be downloaded from the Github forum thread. (link in first post above). UPDATE:- The fix and other improvements are also included in the latest "Nightly Build" available here.
    There is now a test version of LAV that seems to fix this problem for most (if not all) types of AVR's, fixed it for my Denon:). It...
    Bitstreaming DTS-HD HRA audio plays with very low volume and is badly distorted. In the attached screenshot the DTS-HD HRA audio is...
    Replies
    Views
    Additionally. Unchecking the TRUE-HD bitstreaming option in LAV settings allows mediaportal to play the TRUE HD audio, but without ATMOS being recognized.
    Additionally. Unchecking the TRUE-HD bitstreaming option in LAV settings allows mediaportal to play the TRUE HD audio, but without...
    Hello everyone! I've just purchased a Samsung K850 Soundbar and two Samsung R1 (WAM1500) setup as wireless surround speakers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Would it be possible to automate the process of updating MP Extension Manager with the latest versions of important components?
    Would it be possible to automate the process of updating MP Extension Manager with the latest versions of important components?
    Hi there, i've got a problem with the playback of some movies. The sound format is listed as DTS HD 7.1 but the receiver detects it...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi @mm1352000 I have new questions about raw TS recording: I've now bought TS Doctor v2.0 and I thought I'd do a check again to see if it finds anything different than v1.0 and I also did a check on the full transponder recording that I provided to you (which I hadn't thought of doing at the time), and I found this which I find weird...
    Hi @mm1352000 I have new questions about raw TS recording: I've now bought TS Doctor v2.0 and I thought I'd do a check again to see...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.16.0 Description Hello everyone. When trying to record a movie this weekend I noticed an issue on a TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Because VLC decodes them, but not encodes in any 5.1 format, so - only PCM Stereo is transfering over HDMI. and please - install MediaInfo package and post here the output of it for the file you are trying to play BTW why have you disabled 32bit and 32bit float for output formats in LAV audio?
    Because VLC decodes them, but not encodes in any 5.1 format, so - only PCM Stereo is transfering over HDMI. and please - install...
    Hello everyone, I need some help getting DTS files to play. Currently I have video files that have DTS audio or DTS-HD. My HTPC...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom