Mepo: Upscaling with A/V receiver possible? (1 Viewer)

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hello,
I recently bought an Onky receiver (TX-NR717) and my HTPC is plugged in it on HDMI for the video and SPDIF for the sound. Everything is working great.
I use LAV codec (video and audio) and I use ffdshow in post-processing to upscale SD or 720p videos to 1080p. It works fine.
But now I would like to use the upscale capabilities of the Onkyo (Qdeo) which I'm sure works better than software upscaling. But how can I do this?
Do you think it's possible?

I think I need to change the HTPC resolution based on the movie resolution? But I don't know how to do this?

Any advice will be really appreciated.

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah you would need to change the resolution based on the video resolution. I don't know about a feature like that. Also there could be problems with the skin if you use a lower resolution as intended for the skin. Personaly I think you can get far better results with ffdshow as with your receiver. The downside is just the CPU usage.

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    I see your point about the skin.
    It's true that ffdshow is doing a very good job but I've heard so many good feedback about the Qdeo conversion that I wanted to test it, but maybe it's too complicated for too little improvments.

I don't think I will find a direct tool/plugin of MePo to do it but my idea was the following:
    - Configuring MePo to use an external player (I already did it in the past with mpc-hc, in order to use MadVr).
    - Having an intermediary tool that will check the video resolution, change the desktop resolution and then run the external player.

I thought that maybe some users here have already tried to do it but maybe I'm too optimistic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom