MERGING MediaPortal Url Source Splitter & IPTV Filter (4 Viewers)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Were you compiling initial commit?
    i compil only MPUrlSourceSplitter.sln.

i don't have DSHOW_BASE in variable environnement.
    Win7 SDK is installed (as specified on git pages) (not sure about Win8SDK)
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../Building_MediaPortal_from_source/1_Git_Setup

after few search "streams.h" was used in old DirectX SDK (9c)
    and is available in "Microsoft plateform" but VS2010 don't search in this folder.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can say that solution is build OK.
    I just start from batch :)

After that we need to get rid of .lib/.dll from DirectShowFilters\bin_Win32 and DirectShowFilters\bin_Win32d etc.
    But for testing this branch it's ok :)

@azzuro : On other branch, you can build it correctly (i mean all other filters) ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Build from script works too for me :)
    We also need to change setup.nsi to copy and reg new dll/ax :)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I've installed on clean VM Visual Studio 2010, no SDK (DX or WIN), downloaded from GIT latest commit (not initial, the second one - b0333f313952fa4af5c42a5ec173b17beb5d4bf9) and I build release and debug filter from VS (not by batch) without any problem.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    We should get rid of :

DirectShowFilters\bin_Win32

DirectShowFilters\bin_Win32d

It give 28mb for each branch.

Do you think it's possible to build within building process ? (There is no bin in lavsplitter too and all dll are build from a batch).

In fact, we need to submodule ffmpeg code (if needed) and then add in build process.

Update the wiki if needed extra config/tool (MSYS maybe) etc. :)

I'm not sure, if this is good idea. Including FFmpeg source codes is not problem (of course, changes described in necessary_changes_in_ffmpeg.txt must be applied), but compiling them is headache. For compilation I'm using MinGW/MSYS (again some changes must be made, some libs must be removed, some packages installed). My opinion is, that we can include patched FFmpeg source codes (necessary_changes_in_ffmpeg.txt will be left to make similar changes in next FFmpeg releases), but making dependency with MinGW/MSYS to build libraries is not good idea. And you forgot about OpenSSL libraries, where you need Perl for compilation.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    If you're interested, there is first experimental version of merged MP Url Source Splitter and IPTV filter (without IPTV part) ready for testing in OnlineVideos. I'll be glad if you backup current MP Url Source Splitter in OnlineVideos and try new one. Let me know of any problems which you have.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm not sure, if this is good idea. Including FFmpeg source codes is not problem (of course, changes described in necessary_changes_in_ffmpeg.txt must be applied), but compiling them is headache. For compilation I'm using MinGW/MSYS (again some changes must be made, some libs must be removed, some packages installed). My opinion is, that we can include patched FFmpeg source codes (necessary_changes_in_ffmpeg.txt will be left to make similar changes in next FFmpeg releases), but making dependency with MinGW/MSYS to build libraries is not good idea. And you forgot about OpenSSL libraries, where you need Perl for compilation.

Ok then, we need to use Nugets by supplying your bin in there, like this the repo will not be with lib/dll and when building, all needed files will be downloaded :)

We need to improve it but it's possible like Tommy explain and demonstrate in internal forum (thanks to him). :)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Ok then, we need to use Nugets by supplying your bin in there, like this the repo will not be with lib/dll and when building, all needed files will be downloaded :)

We need to improve it but it's possible like Tommy explain and demonstrate in internal forum (thanks to him). :)

If required libs and dlls will be downloaded when building, then I agree. But I don't have any experience with Nugets :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom