mesfilms.xml not found or invalid error... Help! (1 Viewer)

jay_galway

Portal Pro
January 24, 2007
Hi, I decided to do a clean reinstall of my HTPC and formatted the whole lot. Then I began reinstalling media portal etc. I then worked on the plugins and installed the following:

MyTV, which was fine, then I installed MyEmulators and that was ok too. I then finally installed MyFilms.

I use the project mayhem III skin, but now when I select the MyFilms plugin it errors out saying mesfilms.xml not found or invalid error?

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to configure.

What version of the plugin should I use, I downloaded the version off the plugins download page.

I am using MediaPortal 0.2.2.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I love this mod and have a huge AMT database configured for use with this plugin.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
If you use the stable version 0.2.2.0 (without SVBs) you only have to copy mesFilms.dll (v3.1) into tour plubin\windows dir (delete the dll MesFilms_svn.dll
Of course you also have to copy skins files...

jay_galway

Portal Pro
January 24, 2007
If you use the stable version 0.2.2.0 (without SVBs) you only have to copy mesFilms.dll (v3.1) into tour plubin\windows dir (delete the dll MesFilms_svn.dll
Of course you also have to copy skins files...

I have that setup I think, in my plugins\windows directory I have only the MesFilms.dll file, I checked its version using properties and its 1.0.0.0 under assembly version, though this is probably misleading.

Its creation date is 25/04/2006, and its size is 100kb, is this the correct version of the DLL?

Also when you mention the skins what do you mean exactly, I do have the Project Mayhem 3 skin installed, should there be a MesFilms.dll in there.

What am I doing wrong? :(

Do you have a direct link to the download of the correct version of MyFilms and what do I need to do to get it to work correct with Project Mayhem 3 or any skin. As I said I did have this working previously before the re-install, god only knows what I have done this time.

jay_galway

Portal Pro
January 24, 2007
Ignore my last post I got it working.

I did exactly as you said, I think the feck up I was doing was copying BOTH dlls into the Windows directory.

Thanks Zebon for the help and the great plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom