Microsoft MCE Remote MP and XBox360 (1 Viewer)

fromaron

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Hi,
I recently set up my HTPC in a close proximity to my Xbox360. The problem I have is the Xbox360 reacts to MCE remote "PC" button. For example when I want to wake up my HTPC by pressing the "PC" button, the Xbox turns ON as well.
Are the other ways of solving the issue apart of separating Xbox from HTPC?

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There's an option in the xbox settings menu related to the remote that's called something like 'use xbox 360 remote only' or something along those lines which means the xbox will only respond to the 360 remote control, it will ignore any MCE remote commands.

I'd point you to where it is in the settings but since the recent UI refresh on the xbox I haven't the foggiest!

Bagal.

ps. before I knew of this option I just stuck a piece of tape over the xbox's IR receiver... :oops:

fromaron

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Thank you for your suggestion, that worked OK.
    Now I have a second problem:
    How do I stop my PC to listen to the Xbox remote control power button? :confused:

Bagal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry I don't know how to do that as I don't have the xbox remote, so not a problem for me.

Bagal.

fromaron

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    I spent few hours already trying to resolve the issue without much luck. I managed to find some information for MCE XP and Vista on how to change the MCE remote ID, so PC doesn't listen to the xbox remote. I even could find the same registry keys (I use Windows XP Professional SP3) for the remote. What is missing is I need to run a TweakMCE program to change the remote ID and the program doesn't run under XP.
    Maybe anybody had some success on tweaking the windows XP registry keys and can share the information?

fromaron

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    The fix was very simple, maybe not the cheappest one :oops:.
    I got myself a Logitech Harmony remote which solved the problem.

fromaron

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    open the front of the xbox console and tape the IR receiver shut, thats what i did :)

It is easy to make Xbox listen only to its own remote, by changing option in its system configuration. No need to butcher it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom