Microsoft MCE Remote MP and XBox360 (1 Viewer)

fromaron

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Yes, I found the TweakMC tool as well. The problem was I downgraded my PC from Vista to XP SP3 due to heaps of problems I had running Vista on that machine The xbox remote problem was there as well). The TweakMC tool doesn't run under XP and even though I modified XP registry manualy to simulate the same changes TweakMC tool does, to no avail.
The problem is my PC was waking up from xbox remote control no matter what I did. I changed MCE remote channel ID, etc, but i think when PC is asleep it doesn't care what channel ID your remote is.
By using Logitech Harmony remote and downloading xbox 360 remote settings I think the settings where for the xbox universal remote not for the small (default one) remote supplied when you buy xbox. And it looks like these two remotes have different channels they operate.
At the moment I have two remotes for my xbox:
1. original - stil can wake my PC up;
2. Logitech Harmony - left my PC alone :).

fromaron

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the tips, I just had the same problem.

No problems mate :D.
As you have the same problem I can give you another tip. If you want the Logitech remote to work correctly with xbox and MediaPortal you need to configure xbox power option as it has two power buttons: one for power On and another one for Off. It is sounds a bit ridiculous as xbox remote has just one Power button which toggles power on and off. If you use the one Toggle button then the problem will be still there. Luckily when you download Xbox360 remote settings from the Internet it has two separate commands for On and Off. These ones looks like are sending different compare to the Toggle one codes and are not understood by Microsoft MCE remote driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom