Mini EPG more information? (1 Viewer)

Fab55

Portal Pro
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I try using the WMC skin (10 years ago I used the original WMC...)
The MiniEPG is very important for me.
At the moment, it shows me a few channels on the left side and the EPG info of one (selected) channel on the right sight.
The usability is not very good, because I have to select every channel once to see which show/movie is currently running on this channel.
Is there any possibility to show a real MiniEPG - so I can see the current epg title of every displayed channel directly?

Thanks and best regards
Fab55

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For this you you have other EPG's. I'd recommand the MainEPG, if the FullEPG is too overcrowded for you.
    You can reach it by directly selecting the TV icon in home menu. By Inputmanager it should be also possible to bind a remote button or any other key on a keyboard to it. In worst case I can also help you to tweak the miniEPG in a way to look like below. you had some programming skills, right?
    Unbenannt.jpg

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this EPG would be a good start.
    The idea to change the mini-epg is also good.
    I have programming skills. Can I tweak directly some xaml files? Can you give me an entry-point (which file contains the mini-epg).

Thanks
    Fab55

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    this EPG would be a good start.
    This screen is already existing. Could you try to link it to a remote button with Input Manager?

I have programming skills. Can I tweak directly some xaml files? Can you give me an entry-point (which file contains the mini-epg).
    Yes, you can tweak everything by editing the xaml files. But please make a backup before and be aware, that installating an update will/could overwrite your changes. So you would need to also backup your changes to replace it after an update installation.

The MiniEPG is here. (Local folder structure of MP2 should be same to find it)
    The MainEPG (the alternative EPG) is here.

A possible way would be to transfer the "Client_Content" of MainEPG to the "Contents_Template" of MiniEPG. The most important data are here, this is the list with the content. In case of errors you can find the root cause in the client log files and accordingly try to fix them. Usually the errors are not declared ressources, which are called somewhere etc.

In case of any questions, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom