Minidisplay + Imon (1 Viewer)

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
October 14, 2005
Using the plugin, my imon display works fine, but I'm not having much luck with the remote.

Despite enabling force keyboard, it acts as a mouse, and can also play/pause, but seemingly nothing else.

Anyone any ideas ?

I've tried IRServer and not got any further forward, so gave up.

CKB

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Home Country
What version of iMon are you running and what have you configured your remote as ?

I read somewhere on here to configure it as an iMon Pad rather than the specific RM200 or generic MCE - mine works fine.

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
October 14, 2005
What version of iMon are you running and what have you configured your remote as ?

I read somewhere on here to configure it as an iMon Pad rather than the specific RM200 or generic MCE - mine works fine.

Im running 7.2, but I've also tried 7.4. I'm about to try 6.8 beta or something as someone mentioned that works when they had a similar issue.

I've the remote set as Imon Pad.

Right, with version 6.odd the keyboard input works, however that's still the only button that works, so i can scroll around the menu, but not select anything :(

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

Im running 7.2, but I've also tried 7.4. I'm about to try 6.8 beta or something as someone mentioned that works when they had a similar issue.

Right, with version 6.odd the keyboard input works, however that's still the only button that works, so i can scroll around the menu, but not select anything :(

Hi,first i think you will find more help if you post here :https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/support-119/mini-display-plugin-48132/#post326453 or here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/support-119/cyberdisplay-minidisplay-imon-vfd-lcd-remote-solution-database-48691/#post330815.

Second,make me understand,what kind of imon you have (ImonUltrabay,Imon vfd),u are using the original imon remote or a MCE one?

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2005
    Hi,

Im using the imon from a silverstone GD01MXR case, with a logitech harmony remote (configured as imon pad).

I've managed to get the keypad working, select working etc, but am having problems with the play button and the double pressing issue.

Hi,first i think you will find more help if you post here :https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/support-119/mini-display-plugin-48132/#post326453 or here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/support-119/cyberdisplay-minidisplay-imon-vfd-lcd-remote-solution-database-48691/#post330815.

Second,make me understand,what kind of imon you have (ImonUltrabay,Imon vfd),u are using the original imon remote or a MCE one?

Micha123

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have exactly the same problems.. I just wanted to post this issue, but know I see other ppl have the same Isuse.

I have the current Imon Remote (RM200) with the OEM Ipad built into an Antec Fusion case (quite a common combination for htpcs).

Unfortunately the option "force keyboard" mode in the current mini dsplay plugin does NOT work with the current software version and
    with the current imon hardware which is up to date now.

Does anyone know who is responsible for the development of this plugin? Maybe this feature can be fixed... it is very crucial for the
    imon hardware to work satisfactory with MediaPortal.

In an older version of the imon software there also was an option to force the keyboard mode, but this has disappeared, so it is
    now the only hope , that someone fixes the mini display plugin in this respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom