Minimise to tray (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Not an important one, but someone might want try this as a plugin.

Why not have the option to minimise to the system tray, different colour for when its recording, OSD pop-up when an event occurs, hourly alert when autoupdate is available, launch the configuration, change settings when MP is displayed on second monitor(yeah, I know it doesn't work yet), start/stop recording without maximising app (basic functionality useful if its normally set on fullscreen), etc, etc...

I'm sure you get the idea. Maybe someone here has written something similar for another project recently or could use the code from another OSS project.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I really don't think this is a feature for a htpc application.
    MP is made to run full screen 24/7.

systray is more for mediaplayers. And thats not what we are and is certainly not what we wanna be.

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    I really don't think this is a feature for a htpc application.
    MP is made to run full screen 24/7.

systray is more for mediaplayers. And thats not what we are and is certainly not what we wanna be.

I hear you :)

but a lot of us use the same machine for normal PC duties, as well as an HTPC. When I'm using the PC to browse the forums or hang out on the irc, I would still be running MP minimised so that it could record scheduled tv, etc

A minimised icon could give options/alerts without having to fullscreen MP.

Anyway, just an idea. Thinking out loud. :wink:

midiboy

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2005
    Hi everyone !

I would also VERY MUCH like it to have the option to make MP minimize to tray instead of closing.

MrMario64:

Please, not everyone uses MP as a shell. I use MP mostly as a TV recording application for my 4 tuners while working on my normal Windows XP desktop shell. It would be easier if I could make sure MP is not accidentally closed (thereby missing recordings). The easiest way to do this would be for MP to close to the tray instead of quitting.

It is just a very small wish and I am sure it is not hard to implement :wink:

Thanks for considering it !
    Alex

S

skalper

That minimize button would be more than nice to have on this great program. Agree with midiboy, forbes, and probably lot of us.

For MrMario64 I cannot see why this little option could make any problem for those who use MP full screen 24/7.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom