Missed Recordings (1 Viewer)

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Woke up this morning and turned on one of the clients. I kept getting can't connect to TV Server error. I thought I was having Networking issues again (damn you windows 7). After 30 minutes of trouble shooting it turns out the problem was that the TV Service on the server was not running. Hope someone can tell me why it wasn't running?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Country flag
    gonzo,

Both windows zip-extract and 7-zip report a problem (CRC error with 7-zip) on your tv.log file. did you run out of space when you made the zip file?

Looks like you ran out of space on your recording drive. The tv.BAK file has the following error message.

Code:
    2012-11-15 00:29:15.991631 [(2)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
      at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
      at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)
      at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
      at System.IO.FileStream.Finalize()

##### a little before the error, the TV Server started a new recording ######

2012-11-15 00:29:14.685556 [scheduler thread(10)]: StartRecording to D:\TV Recordings MP\5 CW\Friends\Friends - 2012-11-15 - E88_466617 - The One With All the Rugby.ts
    2012-11-15 00:29:14.685556 [scheduler thread(10)]: subch:0 StartRecord(D:\TV Recordings MP\5 CW\Friends\Friends - 2012-11-15 - E88_466617 - The One With All the Rugby.ts)

##### the error.BAK file also has the following error  at the same time #######

2012-11-15 00:29:16.422656 [scheduler thread(10)]: Exception  :System.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if the TV Server should have detected and recovered from the disk space problem. But you should probably look at how much disk space you have for recordings. Maybe enable TV Server quotas for your recording drive. I always use a quota of 25 GB for my recording drive/folder. If I run out of disk space I need to delete either an old recording or a new recording. I use quotas so I get rid of the old recordings to get space for new.

see wiki for quota info
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/TV-Server_Configuration/07_Recording

Last edited:

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you. There was no space left in my recording drive. Just wish MediaPortal would pop up some kind of message when this sort of thing happens. It would really save time when troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread