Missing album art on some albums (1 Viewer)

claesbrandt

September 20, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
MediaPortal Version: SVN Rev16029
MediaPortal Skin: SpinSafe Revolve
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro
CPU Type: Dual Core

Hi there,

I am having trouble with missing album art on some albums. I have all my album art embedded in the MP3 files. All my files are in the same directory, the files being named "<artist> - <album> - <track#> <title>.mp3". The problem is, most of my albums appear correct in MP, but on some of them, the album art does not show up in MP. I am very sure that those MP3 files have album art in them. I am using MediaMonkey as my tag editor. In MediaMonkey album art shows fine for those MP3 files.

I have tried to rescan my library with different settings.

Regards Claes Brandt

claesbrandt

September 20, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Okay, I have a workaround now. All my album art are now loaded. I discovered two issues regarding reading mp3 tags in MP, that can prevent MP from loading album art. I don't know if these are bugs in MP or if I have violated common practices regarding mp3 tags.

Issues preventing loading of album art:

1. If the Artist and Album Artist tags differ. I had this on albums with various artists, where I had the Album Artist tag set to "Various" on all files and on each file I had the Artist tag set to the relevant artist.

2. If the text "CD1", "CD 1", "CD 01", "Vol. 1", and probably other variations is in the Album tag, without parenthesises around, for example "Some Album CD 1". I remedied this by putting a parenthesis around them, so the tag says something like "Some Album (CD1)".

A last note on missing album art. If you have all your mp3 files in one directory, which I have, and you have an image file in that directory called something like "folder.jpg", and you also have the above problem(s) in your tags, this "folder.jpg" image will be loaded as the album art for those files. I had an image file like that, and it was loaded for each file that had the above tag problem(s). When I deleted the image file and did a rescan, those mp3 files showed up with missing album art instead - as expected.

Hope this helps others. It achieves the goal :)

Regards Claes Brandt

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes - it's working like it should - MP can't know whether a folder.jpg is intentionelly in place or not :)

We need to work out some stuff on issue 1. however. Most likely MP is searching for the true artist while it should be Various Artists or vice versa...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom