Missing Irremote.ini file (1 Viewer)

abbiesomeone

May 18, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello all... I've read here and on a variety of other sites about editing C:\Windows\Irremote.ini to customize certain features of a remote control. However, that file doesn't exist on my computer.

I'm using a Hauppauge manufactured replacement for an MCE remote. (Here is a review of the remote I'm talking about.) There is no Hauppauge hardware in the computer, such as tuner cards or anything like that.

The computer is running MediaPortal 1.0.2 on a Windows XP (SP3) Professional computer.

Has anyone else had the experience of a missing Irremote.ini file? I've looked for that file (and for ANY promising *.ini files) across the entire hard drive.

By the way, the control works great with MediaPortal. I'm just trying to extend its abilities a bit, to control WinDVD, for example. (Googling for such a thing is what made me look for Irremote.ini in the first place.) I don't have a lot of customizations in mind, so I'm hesitant to invest in a commercial solution like Girder or anything like that.

Really enjoying MediaPortal. Thanks to all.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    O.K. not sure but I do have the Hauppauge remote and it loads a Irremote.ini file in the windows directory to customize the remote button operation per each application. I would ***THINK**** that if you have a mce compatable remote you would not load or use a Irremote.ini file.

copy of file attached with name changed from *.ini to *.txt to comply with posting guidelines

Attachments

• Copy of Irremote.txt
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom