Missing music data (1 Viewer)

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
After settling MP's TV Series and Moving Picture plugins to the way I like them (almost), I thought I'd turn my sight to my music collection. I went into the Config section, pointed MP to my music directories (shares over a network, actually), ran the database update and went back into MP.

Nothing. Zip. Nada.

If I change the view to "Shares", I see the directories I added in the config section and I can play music through that method, but nothing turns up for "Album", "Artist", etc...

Any ideas?

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
From the link you provided:
  • If the album is a compilation album with more than 1 artist then you should use album artist = "various artists".
  • If you only have a single music track (ie not from an album), then set the album title = "Singles" and the album artist name should be the same as the track artist name
These two may be a problem.
(1) I have a lot of CD rips from various anime shows and in some cases the one show can have 8+ different CDs associated with it. In order to easily find them in the MP3 player on my tablet, I have set the Album Artist tag to the name of the show with the tracks' Artist information set to whatever artist the track belongs to. Are the words "various artists" a key-phrase that MP uses to differentiate between single-artist albums and multi-artist albums?
(2) I do have a few single music tracks, but I generally set the Album Title to the name of the Album from which they were taken (in some cases, for example) I have gotten singles-CD as promos or gotten a CD where I liked on one track. Again, does MP use the word "Singles" as a key-phrase?

Thanks for the help.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll show you an example of my Music collection in Album/Artist view. I'm using the List view, and i've got a complete list of Artists, as shown on the screenshot. On the bottom you'll have the folder called 'Various Artists'. In there are the compilation albums.

In response to your 2 potential problems:
    1) I use MPTagThat to tag my music collection. You can set the number of discs, so you could give the albums the Title of the Anime Show, set various artists for the specific tracks inside an album, and add discnumbers to the albums. That way you'll group them together.
    2) Singles is not used as a keyphrase (as far as i know, i don't have singles in my collection). There are various options of sorting your lists though, but i prefer the Artist/Album view.

08-28-27.png

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    if you have something as album artist than the skin artist view skins show something.

So you have gone to the database screen add ticked the shares you want to import then ran the import?

Can you attach logs of a scan if that is the case

Neoculture

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2011
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK, so I spent the weekend fiddling with MP1.2 ... actually, it took all of 5 minutes - apparently, the views as set out in the default MP1.2 installation simply didn't work for me. As soon as I modified them to conform to the examples in HomeY's link (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...usic-section-of-mediaportal.77404/#post574296) it all started working properly (even though the examples in the link are outdated).

Go figure.

Many thanks to all who gave helpful suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom