Missing plugins after upgrade from 1.0 to 1.0.2 (1 Viewer)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I recently upgraded from 1.0 to 1.0.2. Before the upgrade, I had My Volume and Online Videos listed in the MPI installer.

After upgrading, both plugins disappeared from the installer. They were however, still active and listed in MP plugin configuration

I went and installed a later version of Online Videos, and it has re-appeared in the MPI. There was no way to uninstall it.

Is it recommended to re-install all plugins after an MP upgrade? Is there any problem with "over the top" installation like this? The plugins were still there and working, but they just didn't show in MPI, and I could not uninstall them first.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    They did not show after upgrade because most likely the upgrade cleaned out the MPI installation folder.
    MPI installations are listed this way;
    When installing a MPI it copies the MPI to some folder. The MPI program then lists all MPI's it can find in that folder.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I think that may have been the way things used to work.... here's a search for *.mpi on my system. Online videos 0.8.3 was the version I had installed before the upgrade. I'm now running 0.8.9.

I installed 1.0.1 of My Volume and then uninstalled it, as I don't wish to use the plugin anymore.

In any case, somethings not right with the upgrade process and how it interacts with MPI.

Attachments

• mpi.JPG
      mpi.JPG
      80.2 KB

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Think I can see what's happened. Somewhere between 1.0 and 1.0.2, the Installer directory moved from the Program Files to the Application Data folder, and the extension changed from mpi to mpe1. Would be nice if the upgrade picked up the old installer directory and moved it across, because it kinda "strands" the pre-upgrade plugins. Maybe it works ok if you followed the 1.0.0 -> 1.0.1 - > 1.0.2 upgrade path?

Just noticed the start menu shortcuts need cleaning up too, as I now have two shortcuts (differently named) to the same Installer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom