Mixing multiple audio streams in MP2

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Smeulf, October 22, 2011.

1. Smeulf
    • Team MediaPortal

Smeulf Test Group

Ratings:
    +228 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    I usually listen TV Show podcasts (director's comments), and to play both original audio stream (low volume) at the same time I listen the podcast at a normal/higher volume.

Unfortunately, for now it's not possible to mix both audio streams and set a different volume for each stream. I can just choose the stream I want to listen (wich is already very good btw).

In IRC, I was told by tourette that it is technically posible, if "there is no bitstreaming involved". He also talked about an audio engine and WASAPI. I must admit it's not in my technical knowledge, so I just quote him ;)

So here is the proposal : make MP2 capable to mix 2 (or more ?) audio streams, with differents volumes, whatever the source is (an audio file or an another video file).

Discussion is opened.

Cheers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Albert
    • Premium Supporter

Albert MP2 Developer

Dipl.-Inform.
    Ratings:
    +1,130 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    AW: Mixing multiple audio streams in MP2

Sorry, that must be "hacked" with a plugin - I think that should not be core functionality.

4. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    This leads to an improvement idea. Currently MP1 and MP2 as well are not having any sort of possibility for mixing audio streams from different sources. Basicly DS audio renderer would be only an audio sink that would delegate the stream rendering to the audio engine. BASS would probably need some extra "output" device to work as a sink (I have no clue how BASS works but I would assume it would be able to work such way).

It would allow few good features to be implemented:

• WASAPI exlcusive mode to be used without hacks in PIP mode
    • Fade in/out between different sources of audio (tv, radio, mpe etc.)
    • Mixing GUI sounds over audio (some people might be wanting such - not me :))

ps. XBMC will soon have such - do we want to be less capable? :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!