MKA Tags (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have some Dolby Digital and DTS audio that I would really like to include in my music library. I currently have this working by storing the files as ac3 or dts extensions and using AC3File to allow playback via directshow.

Problem with this is the files are not imported into the music library as there are no tags. I have manually added a few tracks myself using SQL to create the records but this is a real pain.

After some playing it would seem that the easiest way to embed an ac3 or dts stream into a container which supports tags is using MKA files. These playback fine using directshow and allow tags.

Problem is that taglib-sharp does not support reading tags from MKA files.

I would really like to see tag support for MKA files as this would solve a fair few issues with multi-channel music and tagging.

(there is a slight issue with BASS and multi-channel audio but I will post a seperate thread about that...)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I had a look on mka Tags. seem to be ok.
    My only problem is that the documetation on matrokska regarding tags is a bit weird. they don't showhow it may be used.
    i'm using mkvtoolnix to embed music into an mka file, however i've got no idea how to place thetags into it.
    Looks like they expect some sort of txt or xml file, buti can't find the format.

do you hae an example available?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had a look on mka Tags. seem to be ok.
    My only problem is that the documetation on matrokska regarding tags is a bit weird. they don't showhow it may be used.
    i'm using mkvtoolnix to embed music into an mka file, however i've got no idea how to place thetags into it.
    Looks like they expect some sort of txt or xml file, buti can't find the format.

do you hae an example available?

I had a quick look previously and ended up giving up.... it would appear the tags are stored in EBML (looks like a binary type of XML)

Came across this
    Koders Code Search: MatroskaInput.cs - C#
    which may or may not help

appears to already be a
    org.embl.matroska
    that the project has created
    (Index of /downloads/libebml)

Haven't a huge amount of time to actually look at this but hopefully if the libraries are already there it be do-able ??? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom