mkv subtitle issue, please help (1 Viewer)

DFergATL

Portal Member
September 21, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been making progress learning how to use/setup MP. I am having an issue I can't figure out. I ripped my blue ray disks of Farscape to .mkv. These have the subtitle embeded into them. When I use Windows Media Player, VLC etc to play them i can turn off the embeded subtitles. But not in MP, no matter what I do i always have the subtitles showing.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have been making progress learning how to use/setup MP. I am having an issue I can't figure out. I ripped my blue ray disks of Farscape to .mkv. These have the subtitle embeded into them. When I use Windows Media Player, VLC etc to play them i can turn off the embeded subtitles. But not in MP, no matter what I do i always have the subtitles showing.

How did you try to turn them off in MP?

EDIT:
    From MediaPortal Wiki about subtitles..

Subtitles tab

MediaPortal's subtitles engine supports embedded (such as in a .mkv container) and external (normally .srt files) subtitles. For a .srt file to be loaded it must have the same name as the video file with an optional language at the end of the file name.

Example (.srt filename)

If you have the following files in a folder:

Movie 2011 1080p Bluray x264.mkv

Movie 2011 1080p Bluray x264.armenian.srt

Movie 2011 1080p Bluray x264.fin.srt

Movie.2011.1080p.Bluray.x264.klingon.srt

when playing the movie there will be the following options:

Note that only subtitle files with a matching file name will be loaded by MediaPortal. The last file in the example above will be ignored since it uses dots instead of spaces. In this case #4 English is a subtitle embedded in the .mkv file.

=Subtitles.PNG

• Select subtitles engine:
      • MPC-HC (Default)
      • DirectVobSub
      • FFDshow
      • Disabled

The MPC-HC subtitle engine is built in and comes with MediaPortal so no additional software is needed. To use DirectVobSub it must be installed manually.

FFDShow manages subtitle and Post-Processing (see Post-Processing) when using FFDShow Decoder video as codec or Raw Filter. Minimum version is required : rev 3640 - you can find recent version here : http://www.ffdshow.info/

• Advanced button - See Advanced Options below.
    • Subtitles mode seletion

• "Subtitles won't be auto loaded" - subtitle stays OFF in MP but you can select it if you want.
    • "Subtitles will be auto loaded by language preference" - equal to actual autoload subtitle option to ON.
    • "Subtitles will only display forced subtitles *" - equal to actual autoload subtitle option to OFF.

• Position relative to the video frame - Auto adjusts the vertical position of subtitles based on the size of your video. This option is only available for MPC-HC subtitles. For DirectVobSub engine you can set the location in its settings.
    • Subtitle paths - Specify the location where you prefer to store your subtitle files. The default setting ".\,.\Subtitles\" looks for them in the current video folder and a sub folder called Subtitles.
    • Delay interval - Number of milliseconds that is used to adjust subtitles to display later or earlier. To make the adjustment, configure keys for ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_PLUS and ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_MIN under Configuration > General > Keys and Sounds.
    • Autosave modified subtitles - Default: Never.

Wiki-Link: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/15_Customization/00_Configuration/2_Videos

Last edited:

DFergATL

Portal Member
    September 21, 2012
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had actually found that.. but it didn't seem to work. Now it is )

I am really liking MP. Now I am going to have to go and buy the hardware to do this up right. Been using my laptop as a test to see if it would do what I need.

the only thing that remains unsettled is Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom