MKV with Multiple Audio Tracks (2 Viewers)

GhozTFacE

Portal Member
February 5, 2009
I'm having some issues with some TV shows that are blu-ray rips. When viewing them in any other player the subtitles come up just fine as well as an option to toggle between different audio tracks. In Mp TV Series I'm unable to view the subtitles. There is no option to turn them off or on. As far as multiple audio tracks, there isn't an option that allows me to view different tracks to see which is the correct one. Any type of help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Unless you mean logos/field information as parsed and displayed in the episodes overview, both are not plugin specific, but MediaPortal Video Player/Codec specific.

Basically anything that happens after you click to start an episode has nothing to do with this plugin. We recently had a thread about subtitle issues where the same thing was discussed, I suggest you search for it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The following filters will allow you to play a giant majority of media, including multi-stream audio files, etc:

The MPC-HC filters need to be installed individually for those you require, the bare minimum is "MPCVideoDec.ax", which you can activate by copying it to a folder and then run the following command from within that folder (needs elevation prompt if UAC is on):

regsvr32 "MPCVideoDec.ax"​

If you want to adjust the MPC filter properties, you can either use MediaPortals advanced codec options, or use DirectShow Filter Manager. You can use this for example to adjust merrit (shouldn't be required unless you have an existing codec mess), and disable the software based VC-1 and H.264 support from the MPCVideo codec, so that DXVA decoding via videocard/GPU is enforced.

To make MyTrailers work, and other MOV HD files, you need:

Quicktime Lite will install Quicktime without all the Apple bloatware around it, and the MediaLooks plugin will enable DirectShow compatability, and no watermark for MediaPortal users.

The above takes care of:

• Containers: AVI, MKV, MOV, MPG, VOB, TS, etc.
    • Video: DivX, XviD, H.264/AVC, etc.
    • Audio: MP3, AC3, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-Master, AAC, etc.

The ffdshow-tryouts project is used for the MPC-HC codecs, but are updated more often. I've never had any issues at all with MPC-HC, but some people prefer the cutting edge and optimized compiler versions of ffshow-tryouts. The ICL10 SVN builds made by clsid are your best bet then on a modern computer (one that supports SSE). Remember to install the least amount of stuff to avoid conflicts, less *is* more, or KISS if your prefer that one :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom