Mobi dtv dual - twin usb dvb-t tuner (1 Viewer)

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    Hi, I had 2 X mobi usb tuners running fine on my win7 MP 1.2.3 fine but now I've upgraded to window 8 they do not work.
    win 8 finds them - and on device drivers it is registered as AF9035.
    On Mp it comes up as af9015. All looks good but it doesn't have any signal on any channel - neither usb stick.

I have tried different drivers - no go.
    Thing is, Ive tried the tuners on my win 7 laptop and they still do not work.... so I guess I need a special driver or something.
    I've spent a weekend on this and feel a lil frustrated -- does anyone know what else i could try?
    I find it unlikely that both sticks have failed since changing to win 8,,, so any ideas would be great

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    Does anyone have a MOBIDVT dual usb stick? If you have the original software cd please contact me!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

As suggested in your other thread, stick with the driver from the tuner manufacturer (if you can get it) and try to replicate the W7 settings that worked.
    If W7 has stopped working, check your MS update history and see if there is anything that might have caused this.

mm

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    Thanks so much MM. I eventually tracked down the correct driver and its working again..
    It must have been very specific to this tuner as I tried over 15 differnt (random) drivers downloaded off the net. Plus screwing with different win settings etc. I have wasted 20+ hours - it was very frustrating.
    I must have thrown out the install cds when I bought them, presuming that I could always download a later version for it later .
    I was very very wrong

Thankyou mm for the time and thoughts -

flip_pet

July 5, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm really really sorry to resurrect such an ancient thread, but if datfreak is still about or if anybody else can help, I seem to be having the exact same problem - had a mobidtv dual tuner running fine in an old win7 box, but long ago threw out the drivercd, and now I've upgraded to 8.1 (unfortunately without backing up old install) I can't pick up any channels off the drivers I find on the net.

I do vaguely remember being pointed to a website by the ebay seller which had a more up to date driver than on the cd (possibly for 64bit compatibility), but can't find any sign of it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom