Modified DefaultWide (1 Viewer)

sithmaster113

April 14, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Still a work in progress obviously but I had some problems I was hoping to get help with. I'll get around to uploading screenshots to my photobucket to show my progress but for now I want to get the defaultfolder.png/thumbframe change sorted.

Personal preference requires me to find a way to keep the picture to the immediate side of the video file title the default folder icon and prevent it from changing to the picture in the folder that I'm using as coverart. I've tried a few changes to figure out which xml line(s) to edit but so far I can't get the desired result.

I also want to prevent the thumbframe made by mediaportal from being showed next to the file title similar to the defaultfolder.png. Both these changes are based on the idea that the pictures that would be displayed are too small to be worth shown.

Help figuring out changes to xml files needed would be much appreciated.

edit-Quick picture of what I want to change (removed picture due to improved one shown below)

edit (2)-Current video library configuration. I'm still not sure how to keep the folder icons next to the names, but I'll figure it out eventually.
foldericon.jpg

Last edited:

sithmaster113

April 14, 2012
Home Country
Some updates.

For starters I've found some images for the main menu. They need some more cleaning to remove all the white bits around the edges but on the TV they look decent. My problem is lack of similar pics that can represent the menu items without needing text displayed above the item.

BasicMenu.jpg

I'm still puzzled by my thumbnail issue. I can't find the reference to the folder icon in any of the xml files and I'm pretty sure that's the change I need to make to stop the auto generated thumbnails from being used next to the video title. I'll keep at it and try looking at other skins that show list views differently.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi ,
    1- abut icon image next to title ( i think you talk abut "listcontrol" ? if yes then add this code to your listcontral all code :
    <IconXOff>1980</IconXOff>
    2- sorry did not get you abut default folder ? maybe if you can add screenshot of what you means , then i can see what you need ... ;)

sithmaster113

April 14, 2012
    Home Country
    I fixed the screenshot in the first post (wouldn't even show up in my photobucket) though it looks lacking in sharpness.

First thanks for the code though I believe I didn't present my issue well in my previous posts. Going by the first screenshot up above I'd like to have the video list not display any thumbnail for video files themselves while showing only the white folder icon for folders holding multiple videos. Something like this

cutpaste.png

In a nutshell I'm trying to keep the autothumbnail generation for the large art to the right of the filelist but prevent those thumbnails as well as files named folder.jpg from being used for anything to the left of the filelist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom