Modular Technology MM205 (1 Viewer)

mickj

May 13, 2011
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi - I'm new around here, so I'm not sure I'm in the right place. My question is: I have an older Modular Technology MM 205 TV card which is connected directly to my decoder and has worked perfectly for some years now, but I want to use MediaPortal as my PVR and of course, I can't get it to work. Can anyone advise me as to what I can do to rectify this. My gratitude would be supreme (heh heh).
Many thanks,
Mick
Cape Town, South Africa.:confused:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Mick :)

Can you confirm whether the tuner is even recognised by TV Server? I've had a quick look on Google and it appears that your tuner may have a WDM driver. If that is the case then it is unlikely that the tuner would be recognised or supported...

mm

mickj

May 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi MM - thank you for the quick reply. The TV server recognizes it as an Analog Conexant's BtPCI Tv Tuner. Whether or not this will make a difference I can only hope. Any suggestions as to how to go forward?
    Thanks,
    Mick:)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Mick

It is good that the tuner is recognised. As long as the tuner doesn't require a connection to the sound card for audio to work then it should be supported. I've answered a similar question earlier "today". To save myself writing the same things twice, can you please have a look at -->this<-- thread. The most important things to note:

- you'll need software encoders
    - setup could be tricky
    - end result might not be entirely reliable
    - if you're using the card to connect a set top box then a blaster would make the setup much nicer, but that is another level of complexity

mickj

May 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi MM - once again thanks for the prompt reply. I'll attempt to follow the instructions you guided me to without tearing my hair out.
    Thanks again,
    Mick:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom