More dvd control on remote (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

First, Sorry if there is way to do taht but i can't find it.

I think a way to change the audio channel and subtitle displayed on screen without using the dvd Menu would be a nice feature. this is a common function on standard dvd player and is really usefull if you watch dvd in other language.

Johell

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

there is no way to do it directly, meaning just hitting a button on the remote. But you can call the DVD OSD of MP. There are menus to change language and subtitles on the fly (while playing).

But i also think, that it would be nice, to have a direct key.

Flip.

rosch

December 1, 2004
    Germany
    johell said:
    I think a way to change the audio channel and subtitle displayed on screen without using the dvd Menu would be a nice feature. this is a common function on standard dvd player and is really usefull if you watch dvd in other language.
    Johell

Full ACK! This is also I thing I am missing. I could use the OSD, but I think doing it with the remote directly would be much much nicer!

Roland

rich710

Portal Member
    July 13, 2004
    Sweden
    Maybe use the new context menus function, I want an easy way to just enable/disable subtitles... when the audio is in my oiwnlanguage I dont want subs

N

nathan_h

A way to cycle through subtitles and audio tracks and camera angles via a keyboard comman would be great. Something like:

t = next subtitle
    v = next audio track
    q = next camera angle

The subtitle one, in particular, woudl be great because it would help get around the issue many of us have of subtitles reverting to whatever one has set as the player default on each chapter break.

A

Anonymous

I agree with this, there must be a command to switch subtitle like on any standalone dvd player or other HTPC program.

It-s verry anoying to use the OSD to change subtitle, not to mention it works porly.

How hard can it be to implement? And it's something people take for granted that it works.

A

Anonymous

Is this completley overlooked?
    Doesn't anyone want to implement this? :cry:

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi qxq,

it is on the ToDo list for one of the next releases. It was on the maybe list for 0.1.3.0, so i think it will come in the next release (0.1.4.0).

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom