More Extensive Music Player? (1 Viewer)

ironorr

Portal Member
September 20, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think I must be missing something, but I couldn't find this answer anywhere. Is there an iTunes/Zune/MediaCenter-like music player plugin for Media Portal? Or is there just the file system browser? I'm sure this must exist and I'm just completely missing something.

Thanks

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    When you say "file browing player", it sounds to me that you are using the "shares" view. You should use a database view, like "arists", "albums" etc. (These can be customized - see: MediaPortal/Configuration/Music/Views - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation).

Result would be something like this (depending on settings and skin given):
    18787d1206362970-spinsafe-going-1080-12-50-53.png

IMO: Using shares in not a good idea (really low WAF). To use a DB-view, make sure your music is properly tagged. I'd also recommend you to read our wiki (manual).

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello ironorr!

I think, you are looking for a view like that:

Unfortunately this View is (still) not supported by MP! I hope, it will be in the near Future!

Best Regards
    Helios

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Spragleknas: how did you get it to show <Artist> - <Album>? I can't seem to replicate something like that using the views (and yes I have read the wiki on the subject). My best guess is that you have either changed the album name tag on your mp3s to actually be "Artist - Album", or you are using the Share view, and these are the names of folders. If you are using some other method, please let me know.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom