[Pictures] More flexibility for slideshows needed! (1 Viewer)

the_trooper

Portal Member
June 9, 2009
Home Country
I havent seen any previous posts for this....

Create picture slideshow playlists & be able to view its contents (like in the 'My Music' section>'my playlists' & 'current playlist'), & the ability to mark & slideshow pictures from the selected 'favourites'.

A playlist could also include pictures & music, i've read a few people have wanted to do this also. Ability to play pictures as a slideshow from multiple folders, including being able to add pictures from a removable thumb drive for example.

Show the name of the file(s) being played in the slideshow or when singularly viewed, ability to possibly create a heading for each file &/or the current playlist (viewable on the screen down the bottom or up the top), option to turn this feature on or off.

If there's already a plugin for this.. plz let me know :) ... Cheers!

gurkc006

Portal Member
July 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi the_trooper,
I totally agree with your ideas. I had the same ideas in the last weeks. I would also appreciate it, if you could create playlists for slideshows, possibly with music and (small) videoclips. That would be GREAT!
Hope, somebody could extend the current MyPictures plugin with this features
Greetings
Christian

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    there is a replacement for my pictures that supports you putting video files in with your pictures, ie short videos recorded with your digital camera.

stholst

October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I agree with you that mediaportal - my pictures misses professional slideshow abilities, unfortunately :(

Following slideshow functions would make it a really fantastic tool:

1.) Playlist for photos
    2.) Select backround music
    3.) Set ken burn effect with parameters for: (start zoom; end zoom; start position horizontal, vertical; end position horizontal, vertical; total time of ken burn)
    4.) Transition effect (fade or fade over black or... ; duration of transition)
    5.) Loop function

For the first step the playlist could be a simple ascii file (eg. created by hand with an editor) looking like:

[standard settings]
    time(4sec)
    transition(fade; 1sec)
    loop on

[start slideshow]
    start music D:\music\backround_music_1.mp3
    D:\photos\map_of_trip.jpg kenburn(3.0; 3.0; 0.165, 0.5; 0.835, 0.5; 7sec) "real ken burn"
    D:\photos\photos_1.jpg
    D:\photos\photos_2.jpg time(10sec) "exception from standard time"
    stop music
    D:\photos\photos_??.jpg kenburn(3.0; 1.0; 0.5, 0.5; 0.5, 0.5; 4sec) "normal zooming out, center of the photo stays in the middle"
    D:\photos\photos_??.jpg
    start music D:\music\backround_music_2.mp3
    D:\photos\photos_??.jpg transition(fade over black; 2sec) "exception from standard transition"
    D:\photos\photos_??.jpg
    [end slideshow]

A plugIn which can create with this input file a slideshow would be a really professional slideshow tool!
    What do you think?

I have not seen such a tool before, except for movie editors which then can save the slideshow as an avi or .... But this tools have a real disadvantage as you then have every thing double: the photos, which you of course want to keep and the movie file which you only need for presenting to people.

Would it not be great, if mediaportal would have the above discribed slideshow abilities first? ;)

Regards
    Stefan

the_trooper

Portal Member
    June 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Right on guys!!

I hope this gets put in to the latest build.. i've had so many opportunities to show off MP, but the playlists i want means I need to revert to an external program, which has limited capabilities. :(

Come on MP Developers!! ;)

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    HI

is there a way to slideshow pictures and have music at the same time???

It's nice to see the pictures of the last "holidays" lisening music... Don't you think??

It should be like:

1.- Start music (playlist or a folder..) on My music
    2.- Go to my pictures and select the pictures to slideshow
    3.- Then... with the remote be able to skip pictures or change a music track..

If not, can this be added??

Thanks!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi iosub

1 & 2 is already possible. Alternatively you can put a folder.m3u playlist in the picture folder. When you start the slideshow it will auto-play the music.

For number 3 I have changed my remote mapping as follow:
    The Skip button - add a Slideshow layer and map it to the NextItem action.
    The Replay button - add a Slideshow layer and map it to the PrevItem action.
    Now I can use the normal left and right arrows to navigate the PICTURES and I can use the Skip and Replay buttons to navigate the MUSIC.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi iosub

1 & 2 is already possible. Alternatively you can put a folder.m3u playlist in the picture folder. When you start the slideshow it will auto-play the music.

For number 3 I have changed my remote mapping as follow:
    The Skip button - add a Slideshow layer and map it to the NextItem action.
    The Replay button - add a Slideshow layer and map it to the PrevItem action.
    Now I can use the normal left and right arrows to navigate the PICTURES and I can use the Skip and Replay buttons to navigate the MUSIC.

Thank you..

you are right.. My problem is that I was using last SVN build 26386 that has break this funcionality

you can check on:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/660482-post24.html

I have revert back to 1.1 and is working as expected

so I think that GEMX has to check the code on the new feature of been able to play videos on my pictures...

Thanks!

Crew

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Does anyone know how to start a slideshow without going to the context menu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom