more info in TV or Video OSD (1 Viewer)

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
It would be nice when you press info button while watching tv to show you if this channel is sd or hd,stereo, mono or if it have teletext or cc.have a look n the photo, i dont have Photoshop so i make it quick in paint :) but it would look cool with nice logos there.
What you think??

Attachments

• Maya TV_Video_OSD 6.jpg
    Maya TV_Video_OSD 6.jpg
    101.4 KB
J

joostzilla

Of topic. Movie is the dark knight but title says starwars :p

Actually the osd is in a redesign fase. Here are screenshots.

We want the pause, rewind, fastforward etc to not block the lowerpart of the screen. Especially for subtitles that is killing.
Our pause button appears on press but fades away after a while. (still concept so please shoot)
The button will also function as progressbar. It will fill itself on a subtle way.

Attachments

• Maya TV_Video_OSD v4.jpg
    Maya TV_Video_OSD v4.jpg
    634.4 KB
  • Maya TV_Video_OSD v4_1.jpg
    Maya TV_Video_OSD v4_1.jpg
    986.8 KB

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Of topic. Movie is the dark knight but title says starwars :p

Actually the osd is in a redesign fase. Here are screenshots.

We want the pause, rewind, fastforward etc to not block the lowerpart of the screen. Especially for subtitles that is killing.
    Our pause button appears on press but fades away after a while. (still concept so please shoot)
    The button will also function as progressbar. It will fill itself on a subtle way.

I like the redesign, it's not too cluttered. Now and next is a welcome addition too. I like the original posters idea of having media info logos, but I don't think it should be on the initial OSD menu. Perhaps when you press the up button for further information.

Sky set top boxes here in the UK do something similar, they have letters in the corner signifying HD (HD), Subtitles (S), WideScreen (WS) etc. Its ugly, but a good example! Maybe joostzilla you could weave your magic for Maya

Now and Next OSD
    nowbanner-large.png

More information OSD
    nowdescription-large.png

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    joostzilla, the pause its really very good touch but i personal prefer the current info bar,in the middle its nice to have the actual time and also the rec symbol.its my opinion, anyway keep up the good job and have a thought about my first post.it will be nice just with one pressed button to see info for what is playing now,next and the info in my first post.

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: more info in TV or Video OSD

joostzilla, the pause its really very good touch but i personal prefer the current info bar,in the middle its nice to have the actual time and also the rec symbol.its my opinion, anyway keep up the good job and have a thought about my first post.it will be nice just with one pressed button to see info for what is playing now,next and the info in my first post.

yes, i think the same. To let only the pause button in the middle of the display is not good, its nice to see the actual time and very important to the films progress may. what use to me just the pause button alone, you can displayed in pause mode the progress bar, which does not yet?

J

joostzilla

Re: AW: Re: more info in TV or Video OSD

yes, i think the same. To let only the pause button in the middle of the display is not good, its nice to see the actual time and very important to the films progress may. what use to me just the pause button alone, you can displayed in pause mode the progress bar, which does not yet?

Thanks for your input. Because these designs are still concepts we are able to change whatever we or you like.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: more info in TV or Video OSD

hm... I think the idee for puase is not bad, also I prefer to see to informationen like progressbar, etc...

For more Info in the TV I have a suggestion :)

I love the Mediainfo in Series and Movingpictures. Thanks for this. Also for the TV OSD it must get more in Background. In Gimp I set for that to 60%. It is perfect, but maybe an idea.

Attachments

• Maya TV_Video_OSD.jpg
      Maya TV_Video_OSD.jpg
      618.9 KB

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    i think like this would be perfect, much better than my idea.

nschoot

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    For what it's worth: I really like the "Next" thingy, I'm really missing that in the current version. Also I like GeYe's idea of those icons showing the channel information.

About those Sky screen shots: Althoug the Sky design is awful, I must admit I like the information that it provides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom