More Options for Automatic Share Refresh Times & ReImports (1 Viewer)

RoadBlock2000

Portal Member
September 9, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have all my media on a NAS unit (FreeNAS) but despite having the 'Share Watcher' option enabled MediaPortal doesn't pickup on changes. I often find myself manually running a Re-Import (Settings\Media Sources Overview) to get the new media to appear (especially with daily TV shows).

I have the Automatic share refresh option set but it only has an option to run at one specific hour each day. Would it be possible to have this setting so it runs every x hours?

Additionally, would it be possible to make the individual re-import option available directly from within each media type (Audio, Movies and Series) within the menu list (along with Filter, Sorting, View Mode, etc.)?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @RoadBlock2000 ,

You would really help us by bringing up only one subject per thread :):

This is more a support topic:
    despite having the 'Share Watcher' option enabled MediaPortal doesn't pickup on changes.
    It works for here. Therefore I would like to investigate further what is happening at your side. Could you please open a separate thread in the General section about this and include logs?

RoadBlock2000

Portal Member
    September 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's never worked for me, not just an MP2 issue so I didn't consider it a problem worth investigation. My focus was on the feature request to have the Automatic Share refresh options enhanced along with the ability to get to the Re-Import option from the sub menu.

I will however setup a test and capture some logs for you as requested and post a new thread in General for it.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Therefore I would like to investigate further what is happening at your side.
    I had this reported earlier already (during development of MP2.1 final). @henso is aware of this and he added some workarounds that makes things a little bit better but could not cure it completely.

It looks as if this generally is a Windows thing, not a MP thing. The share watcher ist working after a fresh install properly as expected. But as time goes by it is getting more and more unreliable. After a while it only works in 1 out of 10 or even less. Very hard to identify and fix if a fix is possible from our side at all...

Logs are useless in this case as if the share watcher did not start, nothing is shown in the logs, nowhere...

Not pretty sure if a jira exists for this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom