Motion Blur Frustration (1 Viewer)

swfx

Portal Member
July 29, 2006
Are all capture cards affected by this stupid motion blur sickness or just Hauppage cards? I have tried everything and I'm now to the point of just buying a different brand of tuner. I currently have the PVR-150MCE and I can't watch hockey without going cross-eyed. I have tried using both the tweak tool and graphedit to adjust the temporal and spatial filters, but nothing seems to work. If I decide to buy a different card, what brand is recommended? Any input would be great.

TesterBoy

Portal Pro
July 10, 2006
Lower Hutt
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have a PVR-150, and used to have this problem. It drove me mad until I found the Hauppage Tweaker. Sharpness=7, Temporal Filter (Blur)=0 (which is presumably what you've tried already?)

I'm using the Purevideo codecs, as well, but seem to remember they didn't really make much difference - I think that I had installed the Hauppage WinTV2k software, which was also messing stuff up. I uninstalled that, then used the Hauppage Tweaker to fix the blur setting...

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Suggestion: Set deinterlacing in configuration.exe to NONE and in your codec to BOB (or auto/adaptive/..., depends on your codec). Result: Perfect picture here, no motion artifacts.

The TV card is not to blame, I guess. It's your deinterlacing settings in MP & the codec.

swfx

Portal Member
July 29, 2006
I have seriously tried everything at this point. I will try what mpod has suggested, because I'm not sure that I have tried that combination. The blur only occurs when watching sports (especially hockey because the action is so fast). The problem is that I have purchased NHL Center Ice (HUGE hockey fan) and I can't even watch it unless I remove the HTPC from the mix. I will update you on my progress. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

BTW...I have tried several decoders with the same results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom