Mouse Support for Slider Patch (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

This patch allows the mouse to move slider controls in the OSD. You can now click to the left or right of the slider and it will increase or decrease its value. There is no way to support click and drag until GuiLib supports mouse up and down events. I also changed the "Back to Menu" action during video playback from a double click to a right click. This is so you can rapidly click on a slider without jumping back to the menu. Its also more consistent with the rest of MP.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1069839&group_id=107397&atid=647927

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    right, so now the touch screen users cannot go out of full screen again.....
    not good.

A

Anonymous

Should there not be an option under general settings which would optimise your experience for the input method:

- Remote Control
    - Mouse
    - Touchscreen
    - Keyboard shortcuts

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no, I hate too much options..
    We should FIRST think of ways to make all work without going the easy way and make loads of options...

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    no, I hate too much options..
    We should FIRST think of ways to make all work without going the easy way and make loads of options...

Yep, fair enough. I'd agree with that if it can be done.

A

Anonymous

Ok sorry i didn't know tablet users didn't have a r-click and used the crystal skin to navigate in the menu system.
    So i have an idea on how to fix it.
    1. Add a "back to menu" button on the OSD for all skins
    2. Don't go back to menu on r-click or double click. Only the new OSD button or remote/keyboard command would do that

We could also add a topbar to the MCE skin so tablet users could use it instead of the crystal skin if they so choosed. I think it would probably best if all the skins had the same basic functionality anyways. Because the look and feel of a skin shouldn't dictate which input controller they use.

I'd be willing to help with the xml and code changes if the skins creators could give new graphics.

A

Anonymous

Well when the slider is working with the mouse support (the first part of the patch) you can't clicked repeatedly to make it move without switching back to the menu. Very anoying! I think a "back to menu" button in the OSD is a good idea regardless, but there may be a way to disable the double click while clicking on a control. Like we could make double click work when you don't click in the OSD area.

cheffe97 said:
    Hi,
    what's wrong with double clicking? I think it's a good solution.
    And we still have single click to .. let's say open osd, open channel switching menu or similar things.
    cheffe

A

Anonymous

Looks like its in the next release.
    Frodo improved it so when you single click on the slider the mouse moves to that spot. So you don't need to click rapidly to move it now. Very NICE!

Thanks Frodo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom