Movie module (1 Viewer)

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
I come from the myhtpc world. One thing I really like is the Media module with .my files. What is great about the .my file (against a simple folder scan), is that you can, in the movie presentation page, put your comments on the movie or IMDB info, the release type (ok this can be done integrating a program like GSpot), the quality.. etc. One example : with this you can differentiate DVD-rip from TV-rip, PDTV etc.. (ok, this can be done with a proper naming of file).

With software like Antmovie Catalog http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog, it's easy to create .my files using IMDB to get proper information.

Another advantage of a catalog is the possibility to keep tracks of burned CDs and DVDs. In the presentation page of the movie you can get the location of the CD (if you have organized your collection :), just insert and make it play the movie (in myhtpc it's done with the My OMP plugin)

Reading the todo, I understand there will be a database, cool.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A lot of what you want can allready be done!

Press F3 on a movie file and the info will be looked up on imdb.
    Then when you scanned all your files you can browse the databse and view by Actors, Genre, Year, Director etc etc.
    You want to watch a comedy? Set view on Comedy and choose from the movie s in the list viewed by album art.

You can also set the Disc#.
    When you select a movie from the database and it sits on a disc MediaPortal will tell you to please insert that disc.

Molokoids

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Press F3 on a movie file and the info will be looked up on imdb.

For exemple with Kill Bill:

The picture is really low res, is it possible to change the source of the file import ? Or add your own pict ?
    The comment is badly formatted, is it possible to change it ? And some movies don't have pictures and texts.

Looking back on the discussion, XBMC port to PC, I see that the database is in SQL, so I could easily find an application that can do this. Am I wrong ?

If it's possible Ant Movie Catalog have a SQL Export. Good for me :) cause I've wrote a lot of personal comments and gathered a lot of High Quality Pictures for my movies.

Just tried with an editor to modify the videodatabase (changing an actor name), but It's like the database get corrupted after, it's no more working when a restart Media Portal. I've to erase the file to get it back to work... With http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/ I was able to do it :)

Then when you scanned all your files you can browse the databse and view by Actors, Genre, Year, Director etc etc.

That's cool.

You can also set the Disc#.
    When you select a movie from the database and it sits on a disc MediaPortal will tell you to please insert that disc.

Take me time to understand to switch to Title view, I was getting one folder by Disk :)

But now I have 2 problems :) When I do a Scan, there's an error (naming ?). And when I'm told to insert Disc, there's nothing. I'm gonna precisely post this on the Bug forum.[/i]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom