Movie sets and title translations (1 Viewer)

styrsven

Portal Pro
January 6, 2013
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,
I want as many of my titles translated to swedish, and that is working fine. But I also want to use movie sets. When I set the option for moviesets, I do get the sets, but the title is in english. Is there any way I could get the title in swedish while still have automatic grouping in sets?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,
    I want as many of my titles translated to swedish, and that is working fine. But I also want to use movie sets. When I set the option for moviesets, I do get the sets, but the title is in english. Is there any way I could get the title in swedish while still have automatic grouping in sets?

The grouping is done semi-automatic based on a rename database file that I maintain (almost 2100 movies now).

Latest version @ http://imdbplus.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Rename%20dBase%20IMDb+%20Scraper.xml

The IMDb+ plugin auto-downloads that file to ensure you always have the current version. The problem is that the titles in it are in English.

Now one solution is for you to take this file and manually rename all the titles the way you want them and then save the file as "Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml" and replace the one in the IMDb+ folder inside the MediaPortal User/Data Folder.

Then do a mass refresh on rename database entries (you can do this via the IMDb+ plugin) and you will be good to go.

NOTE: The default rename dbase has entries with foreign="example" in it, this is to allow for "English title", "Foreign title", "English (Foreign)" or "Foreign (English)" combinations, but this made no sense for the custom rename database. This does mean you have to remove that part or the IMDb+ scraper-script will ignore the entry. Whatever title="example" shows is what Moving-Pictures will rename.

It will be a lot of work to get started, but once you are done, then it is actually very easy to "maintain", as it is very sporadic that movies as part of a series are released. You do not have to do them all at once either, or perhaps work together with 20 other Swedish IMDb+ users and everybody only has to do 100 movies.

The final goal is to have this added as an option to IMDb+, but I'm still trying to figure out if I can use some sort of automatic method for this, or a crowd way via Transflex perhaps. It just has not been easy to find free time to work on that, as I pretty much have to waste many days to do a full rewrite. In the meantime you could use the above ugly workaround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom