Movie Theater or Movie Times Listings (1 Viewer)

gwynethh

Portal Member
August 10, 2004
How about a Movie Theater / Movie Times plugin or feature that would list local theaters and what is showing/times and IMDB info on that movie? This would clinch MP over myHTPC for me. myHTPC is nice but there are too many requirements for the plugins, some perl, some .net, some whatever and things can get messy.
Thanx

barranger

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
I'm sure this will get done, but it may take some time. The reason is that currently they are looking at solidifying a 1.0 release so that it is rock solid

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Wow!

Sounds great, just need some1 to make a plugin that looks for all www.apple.com trailer sites. Im not quite sure how it can be done, but when theres a will...

These sites have randomly named and broken up pics, so its probably not possible to bring up a .JPG lookup for each individual movie. Unless its already on IMDB?

With links to the small / medium / large video streams for each movie, they can be easily streamed by making .ASX files(currently the only supported streaming i think - remember this is based on WMP9), with the link to the .MOV inside.

MP is not yet great in the streaming of media, but im sure some1 can work out a great new way of streaming if .ASX files arent the way to go.

Hmmm..this is sounding more and more interesting by the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom