Movies are dropped and reimported after change (1 Viewer)

beankid

Portal Member
January 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am having a problem where all of my movies located on a specific harddrive are dropped from my database after I add or change any folder on the drive itself. This becomes very frustrating because I then have to run the importer and fix all of my movies back to the way they where before this crashes. Where would I go to start digging through the logs to find any indication that there is a problem?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The MovPic watcher is very quick, if you 'move' a file from one location to the other, it might pick up the removal, before it picks up the re-adding, which then causes it to remove it from database and reimport it. Simply close MediaPortal/MovPic-config, move the files you want to, and as long as they are re-added to a proper MovPic import folder aware location, then only the path will be updated.

Otherwise if you stumbled upon a bug, then you will have to provide debug-verbosity log files and the reproducable steps you did to cause the error to happen. I can also give you the batch files I use that scans my movingpictures.log file for all the move/delete/import actions to allow for an easy verification afterwards. Due to concurrent RDP this is easy for me to do even with MediaPortal running, but you can also share the log folder and use another system.

beankid

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have made backups of my databases and hopefully I can catch this problem. This only happens to my movies located on one of my harddrives. Even though I have TV show located on the same drive, they are unaffected when I move new shows in. It might be that while adding movie's I have MP open which didn't cross my mind at first until now. I am ripping a new movie as I write this and I will check back to see if this happens when the importer runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom