Movies jumping at random (1 Viewer)

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have the most frustrating issue and I am unable to resolve it. Every time I watch a movie within MP it jumps and skips about 10 minutes of the films at random?
I've tried a clean install of MP and I'm certain that the files are fine as they play all the way through in vlc and GOM player.

It's happening on all my movies. My TV Series appear to be playing fine, I'm not sure though if I've just been lucky as they're only on for around 30 minutes.

GUTTED! Got all the Christmas movies ready for the kids and now they're unable to watch them!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what maybe causing this error? Even better a solution to fixing it?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Just to eliminate a possible remote problem if you have one that is, unplug and use a keyboard and see if the files play fine.

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I had the same problem with movies jumping around , it turned out to be my wireless keyboard waking up / going into sleep mode .

It would resend the last keypress when waking up / going into sleep mode .

I now leave my keyboard plugged out unless I need to use it , and if I use it , I plug it out when finished .

No problems with movies jumping around since I started doing this .

If you use a wireless keyboard , try leaving it plugged out while watching a movie and see if it still jumps around .

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    ninja 12

Yep that would do it as well, even the use of a close by microwave oven has been known to affect some remote receivers lol.

jona78

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Thank you both for your replies. I have recently purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse and now I mention it that coincides with when the jumping began. I hadn't connected the two until your response.

Is there any other way to prevent this from happening? The reason I ask is that my pc is located behind the corner unit in my front room as it is hooked up to my tv. In order to unplug the keyboard to watch a film I have to drag everything out to get to the back of the pc.:(

Thank you both for your help. :D

Are you taking the p*ss Ray?

Even though your probably sat there laughing your b*llocks off that I have actually replied to this. My microwave and pc are only separated by as stud wall between the kitchen and front room, so they are probably only about 10 inches apart in that sense.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Would i do that ;) seriously we have had all sorts of RF transmitter household equipment mainly Microwave ovens affecting RF receivers in the past and there usually is a fault on them.

Believe me, between those and driver problems can make diagnosing why something is happening to only one person a nightmare, anyway glad you got it down to keyboard\mouse, now who would have thought of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom