Movies not found (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Two movies that I've added to the NAS are not getting imported, although the entries exist in IMDB and file names contain all necessary information to allow automatic grabbing. Maybe a grabber issue but I will appreciate your help :)

I could force the Manual Import of the second one and then manually download fanart. However, no other data is available.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    According your log, "Monsieur CLaude..." was imported successfully - only "Les Miseables" was not - and according log it was because it couldn't load internet data. I just tried that movie in the Grabber Editor (with IMDB-Full) - this worked, so might have been a temporary glitch.
    Log does not show, what grabber script you were using - that might affect it also (iirc, the message already pops up if the grabber can'r retrieve the title from internet DB).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep. I tried a different grabber this evening, exchanging omdb.de by allcne.fr and could now download data for Monsieur Claude. Regarding Les Miserables I don't get much data downloaded. Looks as imdb is not delivering any data.

I admit that I do occasionally struggle with your powerful tool :notworthy:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    omdb.de
    Looks as imdb is not delivering any data.
    You mean IMDB grabber - or OFDB ? OFDB is known to be not very reliable - there is a lot of timeouts happening, but unfortunately nothing we can do about it.
    Edit: I tested the movie with IMDB grabber - and can confirm, that it doesn't properly pull details. @Dadeo: It seems, the IMDB grabber uses mobile page, when autoredirect is used - this doesn't work properly. Maybe we should revert to akas search page instead of using the mobile search page !?
    @HTPC_Sourcer If you use IMDB-Full, you'll get all info properly - the grabber is slow, as it grabs data from many subpages, but gives you a lot of movie details. We'll have to check, what's the problem with IMDB grabber...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I don't get autoredirect and I get all movie details using IMDB grabber v 1.3.1 in Grabber Editor/Tester:
    Capture.JPG

and search shows the correct list of matches:
    LesMisSearch.JPG

So I suspect there is an issue with how m.imdb.com is localizing (for Germany?) Without knowing more it is hard to answer your question, however if we change IMDB back to akas search then I would recommend removing it and using only IMDB-Full since there is very little difference between the two grabbers anymore and it would be easier to maintain. ;)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Thanks for having verified this. I guess that my wish to have German summaries is the source of the issue, however, if I use IMDB full I essentially get the English download instead of localized information. I'll have a look at IMDB-Full again, maybe my settings were not entirely correct. Alternatively German users could possibly use Filminfo+. I got good results when I was using this with MovingPictures in the past.

Thanks,
    HTPC_Sourcer

exe222

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am in the same situation. I want full imdb info + German summaries. My girlfriend would kill me when everything's in English. ;)
    For that reason I switched to the NFO approach using ember media manger to create these. It seems to pull German summaries much more reliably but well... as you can read here I could not get it working entirely with MyFilms since I switched back from MovingPictures which could handle it quiete well.

Eventually if I cannot get it running with that nice NFOs I have to watch out for a new solution. Let us know when you found a solution that "just works". :)

Regards
    exe

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I don't get autoredirect and I get all movie details using IMDB grabber v 1.3.1 in Grabber Editor/Tester:
    You have to put the IMDB id "tt1707386" in the search field - as MyFilms uses this as search hint, if it exists for exact matches. This causes the grabber script to use a wrong redirect page for the details - maybe we can fix that...

So I suspect there is an issue with how m.imdb.com is localizing (for Germany?) Without knowing more it is hard to answer your question, however if we change IMDB back to akas search then I would recommend removing it and using only IMDB-Full since there is very little difference between the two grabbers anymore and it would be easier to maintain. ;)
    IMDB is faster, as it doesn't pull subpages. I use it for example to update ratings for the whole catalog, as that saves quite some time. On the other hand, such things run overnight anyway - I could live without it too ;-)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi,

Thanks for having verified this. I guess that my wish to have German summaries is the source of the issue, however, if I use IMDB full I essentially get the English download instead of localized information. I'll have a look at IMDB-Full again, maybe my settings were not entirely correct. Alternatively German users could possibly use Filminfo+. I got good results when I was using this with MovingPictures in the past.

Thanks,
    HTPC_Sourcer
    For german content, the IMDB-OFDB grabber is the best and most complete (uses description and category names from OFDB and some TMDB info iirc). However, due to the weakness of the OFDB gateway, the grabber often falls back to IMDB content. It sometimes help to update at a later time, when OFDB is available again.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I am in the same situation. I want full imdb info + German summaries. My girlfriend would kill me when everything's in English. ;)
    For that reason I switched to the NFO approach using ember media manger to create these. It seems to pull German summaries much more reliably but well... as you can read here I could not get it working entirely with MyFilms since I switched back from MovingPictures which could handle it quiete well.

Eventually if I cannot get it running with that nice NFOs I have to watch out for a new solution. Let us know when you found a solution that "just works". :)

Regards
    exe
    I think the problem with "ember like setups" is, that we do NOT have a setup that "just works" - it requires some tweaking to get it properly up and running (which is also because there is so many possible variants for nfo like setups). I will comment in the respective thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom