Movies only play once, then need to restart (1 Viewer)

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi All.

MP 1.0
Moving Pictures 0.6.5
Latest StreamedMP.

For some reason, movies will only play once and then subsequent movies won't play without having to restart MP. When this happens, I see the following in the log:

Code:
2009-01-11 14:28:14.375000 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayer9:exception while creating DShow graph Creating
an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E436EBB3-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770} from the IClassFactory
failed due to the following error: 80070486.    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.GetInterfaces()

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

I should mention that this all started to happen after one time I exited MP and quickly restarted it. A warning dialog came up about something going to be using the software renderer and it will be slow. Then I restarted the machine, lanched MP (and no warning dialog this time), and then this issue started to happen.

wojciech_ste

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Vienna/Austria
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi Flyte,
Try to use "EVR" -> MediaPortalConfiguration/DirectShowFilterControl/VideoRendererSettings->EVR.
Do you have the newest version of DirectX?
Do you have the newest driver for graphic and TV card?
Please fill out you system configuration, it helps a lot.

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I can't fill out the complete sys configuration at the moment, but I can mention that I am running WinXp w/ SP3 and using an Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card (no TV tuner).

In the MP config section you pointed me to, it says that under WinXP the EVR setting is software only and requires .Net 3.5. None the less, I enabled this setting and tried playing a movie and nothing happened. I am unsure if the same message appeared in the log.

wojciech_ste

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Vienna/Austria
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi Flyte,
Next questions :)
Do you use the latest driver for the graphic card?
Do you use the latest version of DirectX9 ?
Did you installed .Net 3.5 for EVR? it's quite small package.

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Do you use the latest driver for the graphic card?
yes.

Do you use the latest version of DirectX9 ?
Just ran the Dx web updater, and it updated some components, but my version still remained at Dx 9.0c.

Did you installed .Net 3.5 for EVR? it's quite small package.
No since it says that it will remain software based if on XP (even with .net 3.5 installed). I don't see any advantage to doing this.

Keep in mind this all works fine for the first movie, but the problem appears to manifest itself after sitting idle for a long time.

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Fixed by removing the MP Dashboard plugin, and re-enabling the TopBar plugin. I don't know why this solved the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom