Movies use english title but are sorted by foreign title (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Had a couple of movies added to the database under the english name, but the sort to field was the foreign title. I expected that both the title and the sort by would be the english name, and identical.

Here's an example

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1686784/

F:\HD MOVIES 2\The Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate (2011)\The.Flying.Swords.Of.Dragon.Gate.2011.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS.mkv

Scraped Title = The Flying swords of Dragon Gate
    Scraped Sort By = Long men fei jia

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1686784/releaseinfo#akas

The Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate

Long men fei jia (original title)

Also Known As (AKA)

Long men fei jia China (original title)
    Latajace miecze ze Smoczej Bramy Poland (imdb display title)
    New Dragon Gate Inn International (working title) (English title)
    The Flying Swords of Dragon Gate International (imdb display title) (English title)

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That should have indeed worked the way you expected.

I'm in a bind right now though, I'm pretty much rewriting the entire scraper in the little spare time I currently have. So hopefully you can hold off for a little bit and use the custom rename system to get around the few problem movies. If memory serves me you have English/UK title setting enabled and that combination is causing the actual issue.

I just don't like to waste time fixing it seperate on the old version when I'm getting closer to a full rewrite. However I have run into a few roadblocks, so if I feel it is going to take too long to rewrite I'll see about adding some emergency fixes to the existing one so it will at least behave better.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oh yeah no worries :D ; i think i had already changed to USA bc of the problems, but anyways doesn't matter if you're doing a rewrite.

Maybe you can add this to a list of titles to check when you do your beta testing :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom