Moving Pictures > 1.9.5.5 with Titan Skin Prevents MP Startup (3 Viewers)

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I have a multiseat MP setup running version 1.33. I use the Titan skin and yesterday I decided I would update all my plugins on my main HTPC, using the MP Extension Manager. After that, when starting up MP, it would only show the blue background Titan screen (no menu items) and the error log would continue to fill up with these entries:
    Code:
    [2024-05-18 16:11:41,233] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - GUIWindow: Error in PreAllocResources for MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl.PreAllocResources()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.AllocResources()
    [2024-05-18 16:11:41,719] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - render exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl.Render(Single timePassed)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

Unfortunately, these entries don't mean much to me, so I tried a few things like disabling packages etc., all without success. Interestingly, all works well with the DefaultWideHD skin! As my x86 MP client installation had been upgraded many times and even migrated to different computers, I decided I would bite the bullet and go for a fresh x64 install.

The x64 installation went fine, but as soon as I installed Moving Pictures 1.9.7.205 the same symptoms returned! After uninstalling Moving Pictures all was well again, and by experimenting I found out that version 1.9.5.5 works fine but 1.9.5.201 and 1.9.7.205 do not. I tried the same on my other PC and the results are exactly the same. Attached are my logs and I hope it won't be too difficult to fix ;). Thanks!

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      410 KB
    • MediaPortal-Error.log
      303.9 KB
    • movingpictures.log
      7.5 KB

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There's an issue with a file from MovingPictures.
    Extract the attached zip and replace the references.xml in:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan

Attachments

• references.zip
      4.2 KB

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Fantastic @budinsky, that solved the issue, thank you for the quick response!

By comparing the two files, I noticed that your file is essentially the 'default' file when the skin is installed with MP, and Moving Pictures had essentially stripped out some content which it shouldn't have done ;). That also means that if I would have updated Moving Pictures and installed the MP 1.34 Pre-Release afterwards, I would not have had the issue. Will you let the Moving Pictures developer know please, so this doesn't happen again?

On a different note, I have now upgraded to the 1.34 Pre-Release (still with the Titan skin), and there is an issue with the Recorded TV page. Normally, it has the blue Titan background with the round 'watch' indicator, showing whether the recording has been watched, how much of it, how many times, etc. I now have a black background without this indicator. Can you have a look at this please? My log file is attached, and I do notice quite a few 'missing control' entries when skin xml files are loaded. I can confirm the error log file is empty. Thank you.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      40.8 KB

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Fantastic @budinsky, that solved the issue, thank you for the quick response!

By comparing the two files, I noticed that your file is essentially the 'default' file when the skin is installed with MP, and Moving Pictures had essentially stripped out some content which it shouldn't have done ;). That also means that if I would have updated Moving Pictures and installed the MP 1.34 Pre-Release afterwards, I would not have had the issue. Will you let the Moving Pictures developer know please, so this doesn't happen again?

On a different note, I have now upgraded to the 1.34 Pre-Release (still with the Titan skin), and there is an issue with the Recorded TV page. Normally, it has the blue Titan background with the round 'watch' indicator, showing whether the recording has been watched, how much of it, how many times, etc. I now have a black background without this indicator. Can you have a look at this please? My log file is attached, and I do notice quite a few 'missing control' entries when skin xml files are loaded. I can confirm the error log file is empty. Thank you.
    You're welcome!
    I did try to test MovingPictures before it was released but I did not check the default themes in Titan. I will try to do that from now on.
    But an update is on the way to remove the problem file to prevent this issue.

I don't use the Recorded TV page so had not checked it, but will look into it to try and resolve the issue.
    Extract the attached zip and replace the mytvrecordedtv.xml in:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan

Attachments

• mytvrecordedtv.zip
      1.7 KB
    Last edited:

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was not able to work out how to use Recorded TV so it would be great to hear back from someone to confirm that the previous attached file was able to resolve the issue. Also, I have attached another version with Drivespace. I have no idea what it is but have merged the two files and would like to know if someone can test it for me.

Attachments

• mytvrecordedtvMerged.zip
      2 KB

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I have no idea what it is but have merged the two files and would like to know if someone can test it for me.
    Hi @budinsky, this merged file seems to resolve the issue for me, and from the very short period of testing I didn't notice any negative side effects either (y). I agree it would be useful to understand the intent behind the changes which were made to this file for the 1.34 Pre-Release, as no changes were made for five years before that... Thanks again for your help!

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi @budinsky, this merged file seems to resolve the issue for me, and from the very short period of testing I didn't notice any negative side effects either (y). I agree it would be useful to understand the intent behind the changes which were made to this file for the 1.34 Pre-Release, as no changes were made for five years before that... Thanks again for your help!
    Thanks for the feedback. How do I install it to test?

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    How do I install it to test?
    Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but I simply created a backup of the original mytvrecordedtv.xml file in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan, and then overwrote it with your modified file.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but I simply created a backup of the original mytvrecordedtv.xml file in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan, and then overwrote it with your modified file.
    I meant recorded TV. Is that just installed when you install MP1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom