Moving Pictures > 1.9.5.5 with Titan Skin Prevents MP Startup (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I meant recorded TV. Is that just installed when you install MP1?
    When you install MP, the installer asks you whether you want to use MP to watch and record TV. If you answer "yes", the "TV plugin" is installed. It is this plugin that is responsible for handling the "Recorded TV", "Recorded Radio", and related TV panels.

If you answer "no", ... well I don't know what happens, because I have never answered "no". It is possible that the TV plugin is not installed, in which case the "Recorded TV" panel and related panels will not be accessible.

You can answer "yes" even if you don't have any TV tuners installed (you might, for example, be intending to install them later).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I was able to install the TV Plugin, but not get the database to connect.
    TVService.png

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Test gives an error about access denied.
    Did you install MariaDB yourself? Or via Mediaportal Deploy Tools? But the decision is to allow access to the root user over the network or create a separate mediaportal user and give him permissions.

This
    Code:
    CREATE USER 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'MediaPortal';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION;
    flush privileges

Or this
    Code:
    CREATE USER 'mediaportal' IDENTIFIED BY 'mediaportal';
    CREATE USER 'mediaportal' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'MediaPortal';
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'mediaportal';
    flush privileges;

I could be wrong, but it seems so.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Did you install MariaDB yourself? Or via Mediaportal Deploy Tools? But the decision is to allow access to the root user over the network or create a separate mediaportal user and give him permissions.
    I used the Mediaportal deploy tools. The root user and password were already set but there does not seem to be a database or schema created.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Spent hours trying to get this going just so I could check the difference of including the Drivespace section.
    It's just not worth the effort. Original file mytvrecordedtv.xml that works will have to just be the file moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom