Moving Pictures help (1 Viewer)

Sagaia

September 7, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay I'm not sure if I should post this in the newcomers section or the plugins section. Here goes. I need to be able to filter my movies so that I can separate the kids movies that are on a different drive from the rest of my movies. I have tried looking at the moving pictures site for this but of course they don't have a section up about creating filters right now.

Thanks,
S.

andrewNZ

Portal Member
March 31, 2010
Dunedin
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
How do you want to seperate the movies? A full description of the situation would be good.

Do you just want a diferent category ?
Is it a seperate client machine that you only want kids movies on ?
Do you want to use the parrental lock to hide movies ?

Sagaia

September 7, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have the kids movies on a separate drive and I have my other movies one 2 other drives. Everything is on the host machine. I'm not running any client machines. I would like it so that after I click on moving pictures I have the option to choose between the kids movies or to choose my other movies. I know I have the movies on 2 separate drives but I don't want 2 separate movie choices then the kids movies.
Sorry its hard to make as much sense trying to do this on my phone instead of my PC.

Thanks,
S.

andrewNZ

Portal Member
March 31, 2010
Dunedin
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm still not sure I fully understand the problem. I'm not at home at the moment so I cant play to find out more about filtering.

I think what you want to do is not possible. (someone may well call me a liar).
Do you want to split the collections for ease of use or security ?

Moving pictures lumps all of your movies together in the same database, no mater where they are stored.

After that you have a few options.
1) You can choose one of the various filtering sources, such as genre, year, etc. Perhaps you can create custom filters for this option to suit your needs.
2) You can use the parental lock to lock any movies above a rating. Locked movies do not show up at all, untill you enter the code to unlock. The code would be required each time you opened the plugin.
3) You could use 2 plugins (moving pictures and something else) and put kids movies collection in one and the rest in the other.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

try this for the kids:
    screen - mms - 2012-09-18 - 004.jpg screen - mms - 2012-09-18 - 005.jpg

You can use "begins with" or "end with" as well, whatever fits your needs best...

for the adult/other stuff just set it up analogically, just set the filter to match any of the two rules for your shares.

If you ever gonna change the thing with the different folders: I use a filter on certification to get kids movies.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ Do what Luca wrote.

you can also add an exclusion filter if required eg. [Full Path does not contain "D:\kids movies\"] to the other categories eg. to exlude the kids movies from "All Movies"

Further more if you want "kids movies" and "adult movies" option on the basic homescreen this can be done using a menu editor (eg. the one that comes with avalon) so that you can directly jump into the all movies or kids movies categories from the home screen.

You can also password protect the adult movies if you want to.

Last edited:

enden

October 31, 2012
    Moss, Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hi,
    If you ever gonna change the thing with the different folders: I use a filter on certification to get kids movies.
    Hi Luca,

Could you please elaborate on using certification to get kids movies? I have tride creating two categories - the one for kids filtering on any of certification G and PG. The adult category filts on all of not G and not PG. These two categories hit the correct movies, but do not behave the way I want in the menu.

After selecting movies -> kids I have to select G or PG instead of listing all movies with either certification. The same applies to the adult category, only the choices are between PG-13 og R.

Is it possible to omit the last menu step and just list all movies that are either G/PG or PG-13/R?

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi enden,

I think this will happen if you use/add a dynamic menu item (for certification) on top level which you combine with some further filtering.
    If you add a static item like this one you will not get the grouping:
    screen_mmigstation_2012-10-31_ 000.pngscreen_mmigstation_2012-10-31_ 001.png

Please just ignore the 0 and 6 filters, these belong to some german movies.

[Edit:] Result will look like this
    screen_mmigstation_2012-10-31_ 002.png

If you enable filtering on startup and parental controls the kids won't even see that there are other movies and those will only be available if you go to menu and enter the pin code... You will have to set up the same filter as above to make those features work...

Last edited:

enden

October 31, 2012
    Moss, Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ah, thats great! I never saw the difference between dynamic and non dynamic - just empty and not empty :)

This works almost perfect. Now to decide wether or not to add these two categories to streamedmp basic home and figure out how to separate fanart backdrop. It would be nice eye candy to separate them completely on basic home so images for children apply to childrens menu only and vice verca. It brings no added functionality, so I might just drop it if its to complicated...

Anyway, thank you very much Luca and sorry for crashing your thread Sagaia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom