moving text in tv is unsharp (1 Viewer)

jayless

Portal Member
July 18, 2009
Hai,

How can i fix the following :

When im watching tv and there is text moving below with info about finacial markets etcc.....
then the moving texts is really unsharp and blurry, where can i fix this so it sharpens up?

cheers,

Jeroen

Pascal

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
IJsselmuiden
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
What framerate is being used. You can check this by pressing '!' (shift-1). If you have only 25 fps, try some deinterlace settings or another codec.

regards,

Pascal

jayless

Portal Member
July 18, 2009
Hai Pascal,

do you suggest any good codec, i only have 24 to 25 frames and i dont know how to change that, any hints/tips?

cheers,

jeroen

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    this is mostly a typical deinterlacing problem. So typical that such broadcasts are mainly used to judge the deinterlacing quality. Unsharp scrolling text is not a 24/25 fps problem (25 fps broadcast would stutter every second but be sharp)

I assume the channel broadcasts MPG2 video stream, SDTV. (correct me if not)

My suggestion:
    - use PowerDVD video codec for TV MPG2 (MePo Configuration, TV-Section, you have to install it, verify the codec in use with graphstudio)
    - use DXVA of your Graphic card and set deinterlacing to automatic (in catalyst control center or nvidia control panel)

Notes: you should post your specs always! at least fill in your "my system" section. You cannot demand any help if you don´t supply information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom