[Rejected] MovingPictures alike (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Everything is working as expected, the importer will not be changed. MP2 has besides the name not much to do with MP1. If you have no results for reimport, then you did probably not enable any online source for it in settings. Everything is described in Wiki.
    When seeing, how you name your files, then I do not wonder why many movies are not recognized. If you would tag or name them correctly with tMM or Media-Buddy you'll have 100% correct recognition directly. Even using MP1 you could make life much easier, when you tag your files correctly, because you won't need corections in moving pictures then neither.

krebbi

Portal Member
    November 7, 2013
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Everything is working as expected, the importer will not be changed. MP2 has besides the name not much to do with MP1. If you have no results for reimport, then you did probably not enable any online source for it in settings. Everything is described in Wiki.
    When seeing, how you name your files, then I do not wonder why many movies are not recognized. If you would tag or name them correctly with tMM or Media-Buddy you'll have 100% correct recognition directly. Even using MP1 you could make life much easier, when you tag your files correctly, because you won't need corections in moving pictures then neither.

It's not working as expected.
    I do have an online source enabled.
    I have named most of the videos as reqeusted. I have named all Series as requested. I checked all metadata for wrong info.

And - again - I don't get ANY results when reimport the videos. Enter the movieDB ID and it's ok.

Like my example "Passengers": No results. Even when it's already in the DB. Reimport brings up zero results.
    There is something wrong.

Season one of Silicon Valley is not imported. Season 2-5 has been imported as expected.
    Around 30% of the Movies don't have a Cover downloaded.
    Around 80% of the Series don't have a Cover downloaded.
    So even when the media is identified correctly, there is some problem with downloading art.

I removed ALL metadata from ALL files. To check if this might me the problem. Same result.

My feature request:
    Implement the stability and reliablity of imports like TVSeries and MovingPictures.
    Or at least the possibility to edit the entries.

Attachments

• IMG_5449.jpg
      IMG_5449.jpg
      384.3 KB
    • IMG_5450.jpg
      IMG_5450.jpg
      593.6 KB

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Implement the stability and reliablity of imports like TVSeries and MovingPictures.
    Or at least the possibility to edit the entries.
    This is not a feature request. It works stable and reliable and it seems only oyu have a problem, because you do not tag or name your files correctly.
    Download tMM (tiny media manager). Make a run over your files with automatic renaming and within 5 minutes your collection will be decected 100% correctly and you also have the fanart locally available making the import >10 times faster. "Reimport" to correct media items works well here and also nobody else mentioned a problem, you need to attach your log files for the team can help. But that has nothing to do with a feature request and is a specific problem on your PC.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Season one of Silicon Valley is not imported. Season 2-5 has been imported as expected.
    Around 30% of the Movies don't have a Cover downloaded.
    Around 80% of the Series don't have a Cover downloaded.
    So even when the media is identified correctly, there is some problem with downloading art.
    Logs in DEBUG mode are required. Usual course for this effect is overload of the TvDb site, which then is simply not delivering the data. The logs would be showing this.

krebbi

Portal Member
    November 7, 2013
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another try...

I installed tinyMediaManager, spent hours with it. As a Result I have thousands of new files scattered all over the NAS. But hey, I don't want to be ignorant.
    tvdb isn't offline. nevertheless all files are now locally available in the directories.

In the end I'm where I've begun.
    mp2 doesn't display/import the media as expected.

Do you believe me now that it's not working like TV-series and Moving Pictures?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-31 um 11.48.19.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-31 um 11.53.54.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Logs in DEBUG mode are required.
    There will be no further comment from the team.

Except one thing: your screen shot shows the importer to be at 65% only. Once completed and then still not showing, you are allowed to bring this up as issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom