mp 1.15 start up issue? (1 Viewer)

gpnash

Portal Pro
March 2, 2015
Linden, Michigan
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
after turning on my computer(homet in my profile) my account is set to logon and mp is set to automajically start.
I get the waiting for tv service message and it comes and goes. The client finishes its startup and then either complains it cannot contact the server or present an empty tvguide list.
exiting mp and restarting the client will sometimes work, other times I've got to start the server config which displays the waiting for server to start message.
Going to manual I see my tuners listed as n/a, switch to ATSC, and sometimes back to n/a and back to ATSC again after which everything is fine.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

I'll get straight to the point: I think your automagic startup is too quick.

Windows seems to be starting MP before it has started any services - including the TV service. MP itself also seems to be unable to trigger the TV service to start in this scenario, which is why you see the complaint about failure to contact the server etc. etc. etc.

exiting mp and restarting the client will sometimes work, other times I've got to start the server config which displays the waiting for server to start message.
    Yes, I think this is all expected, and you may just need to be a bit more patient and give Windows a chance to load up all its cruft.

Going to manual I see my tuners listed as n/a, switch to ATSC...
    First, "N/A" means "not detected [yet]". It's normal for TV Server to take up to 20 seconds to detect CableCARD tuners, as it requires a fair bit of network communication.

...and sometimes back to n/a and back to ATSC again after which everything is fine.
    This too is normal in the sense that I've seen it on many CableCARD installs. Specifically, it seems that almost exactly 60 seconds after initial detection (first N/A => ATSC), the tuners will be lost and redetected again (ATSC => N/A => ATSC). I can't explain why this happens. Technically I suppose it could be some kind of issue in the tuner detection stack (UPnP stuff), but it's generally harmless in terms of its effect. Again, I don't think there's anything to worry about here.

gpnash

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2015
    Linden, Michigan
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    makes sense. the SSD drive does make windows come up damned quick.
    I'm currently using a scheduled task to start the mp client at user logon and have my user set to logon when the computer starts.
    I'll look at adding some delays in the process and see what happens.

There wasn't anything "bad" in the log?

thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom