[News] MP 1.3.0 Beta - The Titan is coming! (1 Viewer)

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Great news, I can't wait for 1.3 and I'm so glad the current default skin is being dropped - a new skin will make a much better first impression on new users.

But there are people who like a well readable design even on big screens.
    My girlfriend is one of them and is always complaining about her difficulties to read the tv guide...
    I for example have modified stmp to display 5 rows...
    Having this said I think 7 rows is quite a good compromise.

I use StreamedMP where you can choose how many rows to have on the EPG. I go for the maximum 14 rows, though I can understand why some people would go for fewer rows, especially if they have a smaller TV.

I would stick to using StreamedMP purely for the extra rows in the EPG, because 90% of my interaction with the MePo GUI is in the EPG - and with the hundreds of channels I have, it would take forever to go through them at 5 channels per page. The best solution as always is to give the user a choice over how many rows they want, so they can fit it to their requirements.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    It's really cool that MP is going this way! All software need progress and everyone like progress (even if many people at the same time don't like change, and how they believe it is possible to combine progress without change I do not know ;))! Good work everyone!

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I use StreamedMP where you can choose how many rows to have on the EPG. I go for the maximum 14 rows, though I can understand why some people would go for fewer rows, especially if they have a smaller TV.
    That is one of the HUGE benefits of Skin Themes in 1.3.0! Previously, only skins that had access to developers could implement such options. However, with 1.3.0 it is 'built -in' to MP skin support - so you can expect to see many more skins offering such options, and more!, as skinners learn all the creative ways they can use the new features. I don't think we have even seen half of what is possible yet! It's really exciting!

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Every new mp release I catch myself thinking "great Ideas, awesome features - this will definitely be the best mp ever..."
    And again and again.... ;)

BinaryHeartbeat

November 8, 2012
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Does this mean that the Titan skin will support all official MP extensions in the final release?

I absolutely love the work done by the Maya/Avalon/Titan team but could never get all the official extensions I needed working just right. If this is the case I will soon be able to stop jumping between XBMC and MP and uninstall XBMC for good. I can feel the drive to donate getting stronger as the MP 1.3.0 final release date gets closer :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Does this mean that the Titan skin will support all official MP extensions in the final release?
    No - Titan Extended will not support _all_ of them.
    A list of supported Extensions(plugins) will be published when 1.3.0 beta gets released.

Last edited:

BinaryHeartbeat

November 8, 2012
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    No - a list of supported Extensions(plugins) will be published when 1.3.0 beta gets released.

Does this mean that the Titan skin for MP 1.3.0 final will support the same list of extensions as the MP 1.3.0 beta or might there be some additional extensions supported by that time?

You guys are doing awesome work by the way. It is really appreciated very much and I am hoping to contribute to the project in whatever ways I can (y)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Due to the fact that there is an additional Titan Extended package there is the chance to support more plugins over the time and add the skinfiles in this Extended Package. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom