MP 2 Server Service (1 Viewer)

A105

April 8, 2022
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello - with MediaPortal 2.4 running on Windows 10 PC all is working well ...

After a few weeks I noticed that I was repeatdly needing to log in to Google on Chrome ... And Microsoft Onedrive ... And other applications too. Clearing the password cache, etc. fixed the problem... Until the next re-boot and same thing again - MP2 fine, other applications needing re-logging on to. OK fair enough, what has this got to do with MP2?

So I stopped the MediaPortal 2 Service and set to manual. All those repeated logging on requests went away ; no problems for days. Then I manually started the MP2 service and repeated loging came back...... Reinstalling MP2; rebuilding PC made no difference. So is there a link? MP2 service running = passwords corrupting; MP2 service not running = passwords fine...

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has this problem?

Thanks

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello - with MediaPortal 2.4 running on Windows 10 PC all is working well ...

After a few weeks I noticed that I was repeatdly needing to log in to Google on Chrome ... And Microsoft Onedrive ... And other applications too. Clearing the password cache, etc. fixed the problem... Until the next re-boot and same thing again - MP2 fine, other applications needing re-logging on to. OK fair enough, what has this got to do with MP2?

So I stopped the MediaPortal 2 Service and set to manual. All those repeated logging on requests went away ; no problems for days. Then I manually started the MP2 service and repeated loging came back...... Reinstalling MP2; rebuilding PC made no difference. So is there a link? MP2 service running = passwords corrupting; MP2 service not running = passwords fine...

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has this problem?

Thanks
    Hi,

I never heard about something like this and I've also no idea how MP2 could theoretically interact here or conflict with something.
    The only thing I could imagine ist, that another application is using the same port. It should be 55555 for MP2. Can you try "netsh http show urlacl" in your console to see if other apps refer to the same port.

A105

April 8, 2022
    Home Country
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion.... Unfortunately there is only one 55555 entry and that's for MP. Anything else I can try?

And yes, it is strange... possible corruption of the password cache is not an everyday thing....

A105

April 8, 2022
    Home Country
    Thank you Brownard for the suggested article - I hadn't seen that ... unfortunatly it did not output any tasks to stop ... :(

Just checked, I'm actually on Windows 11 Home version 21H2 ...

I'll keep googling to see what comes up .... if I find anything I'll post here ..

Thank you

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom