MP Alarm Clock. (1 Viewer)

epsilon2

Portal Member
February 27, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
HI,

I am planing to use MP as my Alarm Clock in the morning to wake me up? So I need a new Plugin for this Task.
Seams not very easy :eek:)

I want to use MP 1.4.0 RC . The Pluging should be seen in Titan Skin Main Page and in client setup.
When the Alarm clock ist started there should be a Clock and some Alarm features.

I found a pattern for the tv server in the wiki. I think to use it but any help is welcome especialy a clean sample for the Client. Which would be very helpful to get a stating point.
In deep i have a question about GUI, HTML Background which follow later, whenskeleton is running smoothly and i become friendly with MP coding and rust ;)

epsilon2

Portal Member
February 27, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I focus the following error:

2013-06-04 08:39:54.472699 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: MPAlarmClock, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
2013-06-04 08:39:55.600763 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: VolumeControl, Version=1.2.2.24591, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
2013-06-04 08:39:55.605764 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: WorldClock, Version=1.2.2.24972, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!

any help?

epsilon2

Portal Member
February 27, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

i wrote my first dll and i was right accepted by MP Confing. Than i try get gui to be found in MP Main Menu (MP 1.4.0 RC).
I added

public override bool Init()

{

return Load(GUIGraphicsContext.Skin+@"\ourplugin.xml");

}

But my Skin wasnt show in Titan nor any other Skin I used. I always copyied ourplugin.xml in all skin foldes and play with TitanEditor. No Icon/text was shown in Main Menu. I wasnt able to luch my plugin.

So my Question is: How do i add an enty to a skin main menu and start my pattern?

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The plugin should be displayed under the Plugins menu when using Titan. You shouldn't need to configure it in Titan Editor.
    Can you see it if you change to Default skin?

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've got a simple digital clock but the alarm/radio functionality is provided by my home automation system which drive MediaPortal via my HomeSeer plugin.

I tried to make it work as a radio alarm for a while but I only ever managed to get it to play the radio/tv for around 10 seconds - never found out why. Hence the reason I use automation to drive MediaPortal (anyway, it is more flexible).

Search on the forum and you'll find my clock/automation plugins (under 1.4 the plugins have an issue - it flickers madly. Trying to find out if anyone knows why now).

it is VERY simple as it is just a clock!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There exists already a nice plugin named MyAlarm - but this seems to be abandoned atm - if someone could get hold of the source code and recompile it, we are there ;)

Last edited:

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    I >think< I looked at that but it only worked with recorded media (maybe only music) - I wanted something a bit more flexible.

I cerainly think that making it compile isn't an issue.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    I don't have the source code, and I'm trying to find out why MY plugins have suddenly started to flicker since moving to 1.4* - so I'm busy working on that. So I'm not terribly inmclined to fiddle around something taht (to be frank) I have zero interest in making work.

Heck when I was working on my original clock plugin I asked why I couldn't get more than 10 seconds of radio/tv - never got an answer to that.

Catavolt, you are an incredibly dedicated developer and you spend a LOT of your own time here - but me, I'm trying to get the bits working like most other people I guess.

*In another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom