MP and MKV problem (1 Viewer)

caveman38

Portal Member
December 1, 2010
I am a recent convert to MovingPictures. When I only had DVDShrink rips with Video_TS folders and multiple VOB files everything workrd great.
However I have a problem since trialling MKV rips. I rip with MakeMKV and the single file MKV appears on the fils menu within MP but when I select it MPC-HC launches over MovingPictures as opposed to the MovingPicture player which opens correctly with Video_TS files.
I have installed the Haali media splitter but it makes no difference. What else do I need to do.
BTW I am running MediaPortal on a PC with WinXP using WMP-HC as the default media player.

I found the answer. When I played the movies in MyMovies in MediaPortal I had the "Use WMP-HC" ie. external player enabled. However the although this was OK for playing Video_TS VOB files in MovingPictures. It would launch the palyer on top of MovingPictures when playing MKV files. With external player disabled the MKV files launched correctly in MovingPictures.
Can anyone tell me why?

I found the answer. When I originally configured MediaPortal I had it use WMP-HC as the default player. Within MovingPictures this worked OK for playing Video_TS (VOB) files but would launch the external player on top of MovingPictures if playing MKV files. When I diasable this and use the default internal player in config options of MediaPortal, MovingPictures behaves correctly when playing MKV files. Can anyone tell me why, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom