MP crashes with DVB sub enabled when viewing specific channels. (1 Viewer)

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Please upload a new test .ts sample. I'm not able to reproduce the issue with the old one you previously uploaded. Works nicely here.

Thanks a lot for answering, tourettes.
I had ended up considering this issue unable to be resolved, but I’m going to upload a new sample and I would ask you please to find a solution.

Is it possible that if the last sample «worked nicely there» was because you didn’t have the DVB subtitles enabled?

I ask that because a couple of my friends that are using MP with Catalonian channels have the same problem as I have, that’s to say, no problem at all when DVB subtitles are disabled, but an immediate crash as soon the DVB subtitles are enabled.

I work with languages and usually see TV channels of different countries (France, Germany, Italy, not UK, unfortunately) and no one of them manifest that issue with DVB subtitles in Media Portal. They work perfectly.

I had tried the four Catalonian channels in Windows XP Service Pack 3, in Windows Vista Service Pack 1, with all the updates and with the last RC2 svn (10-02-2008--19-45-Rev20372) and I also tried to see that Catalonian TS with “my videos” in MP and the result is always the same: it crashes with DVB subtitles enabled. At this stage of the game, I think I mostly curious to know what is inside these damned DVB subtitles to provoke that effect.

Sorry that I couldn’t upload the TS to the usual place. But it is here:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

I would appreciate very much some help with that. Thank you in advance.

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I just wanted to give you some feedback on this, I just downloaded your ts file and tried it from "my movies" and it's playing fine with or without subtitles...I'm using RC3 by the way...

//johnzered

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Amazing. I’m really happy now. I’ve just installed the new RC3 and that issue disappeared. MP doesn’t crash and, what is most, I can see perfectly all these problematic DVB subtitles of Catalonian TV recordings that I wasn’t able to see till now, except by using an external player.

The thing is I’ve just installed the MP RC3 as client in other computer, and that was enough to see the great advance. Now I have to be valiant and dare to install also the new TV server in my HTPC. As always, the problem is my fear to lose all the configured channels in the database. Anyway, I think I’ll have to, sooner or later, because with the RC3 as client I get this: “Connected to TV Server / Unable to connect to database” and that may be because the TV server in the main HTPC is the one for RC2, or may be for a different cause, I don’t know.

Thank you again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom