MP crashing immediately after startup (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Windows 10 32-bit
    MP 1.19.0
    Out of the blue today, MP crashes about 10 seconds after the interface loads without selecting anything. Logs attached with Debug mode selected. This occurred after starting MP normally and then putting the computer to sleep. On wake up later, Windows rebooted instead waking up. I assume something is corrupted? Tried reinstalling and rebooting with no luck. How do I fix this?

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_04_05_18__16_17.zip
      386.8 KB

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi, your logs are full of sqlite referencies of trying to close database and failing so I assume one of databases are corrupt. My guess it's FanartHandler database but you could check all off them. Just backup db, delete it and let mp recreate it from scratch to see if problem is gone.
    Application events log has this entry which is not clear for me
    Code:
    "04-May-18 3:48:20 PM";".NET Runtime";"(0)";"Error";"Application: MediaPortal.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.DrawShadowText(Single, Single, Int64, System.String, Alignment, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int64)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILabelControl.DrawText(Single, Single, System.String, Int32)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILabelControl.Render(Single)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFadeLabel.Render(Single)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single, UInt32)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.Render(Single)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILayerRenderer.RenderLayer(Single)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILayerManager.Render(Single, MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILayers)
       at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single)
       at MediaPortal.D3D.FullRender()
       at MediaPortal.D3D.OnIdle(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
       at MediaPortalApp.Main(System.String[])

";"1026"
    and crashing event with reference to FanartHandler and NLog.
    So you could try to disable FH and see if problem is gone as another option

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for trying to help. I really needed help within a few hours as the family couldn't be without TV access that evening, so I completely uninstalled MP including databases and reinstalled from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom